About our Company:
Bunkhouse is a hospitality company created by hotelier Liz Lambert that believes in inspired design, connection to place and the value of community. Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of hospitality projects including Hotel San José, Hotel Saint Cecilia, Austin Motel, and Jo’s Coffee in Austin, Hotel Havana and Ocho in San Antonio, El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas, The Phoenix in San Francisco, California, and Hotel San Cristobal in Baja, Mexico.
We’re looking for someone with:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED). College Degree preferred
- Three (3) to five (5) years general Accounting experience including full balance sheet reconciliations required and two (2) to three (3) years related experience in financial statement preparations desirable. Hospitality experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of co-workers and various properties staff
- Ability to understand and work in various accounting systems
- Ability to create documents in Excel and Word
- Ability to understand other computer programs (i.e. Property Management System and Point of Sale)
- Ability to apply concepts of math including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and algebra, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Oversee daily, weekly and monthly bookkeeping/data entry done by staff at various properties
- Provide assistance to staff at various properties
- Ensure deadlines are met by staff at various properties in order to be able to process Month End
- Process Month End and Year End, adhering to all applicable deadlines
- Prepare Month End and Year End Financial Statements for Review, within set deadlines
- Perform analysis of financial statements and reconciliations on balance sheet
- Prepare and submit all relevant taxes for properties
- Help to establish/correct policies and procedures related to accounting functions, cash control, meeting deadlines, etc.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned by the Controller or CFO.
- Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, training material, memos and verbal instruction
- Communicate with Management team regarding P&Ls, budgets, financial forecasts, etc.
- Ensure open lines of communication with all departments and upper management at all times via email, log books, meetings, etc., to ensure all needs of the properties and Bunkhouse are met
- Attend relevant meetings
Compensation & Benefits:
Bunkhouse offers competitive wages, a superior benefits and PTO package, and a liberal working environment that fosters individuality and creativity.
Bunkhouse Core Values:
- BE REAL. We treat everyone like human beings. We are respectful and authentic, we listen, and we develop meaningful relationships with guests, customers and each other. We encourage our employees to have a voice and to use it to improve the work we do.
- CREATE MAGIC. In design, service and all things, we go above and beyond to inspire. Every detail counts, and we believe that our work is a collaboration that depends on all of us bringing our creativity and passion to work with us every day.
- BE HERE NOW. In our work, creating a sense of place is important. We contribute to the fabric of our respective communities by honoring, representing and supporting the communities in which our businesses exist. We make it our goal to be experts on our cities, and we leave travelers with a sense of where they have been.
- EMBRACE ADVENTURE. We don’t always know where the road will lead, but we know that we’ll have each other along the journey. We strive to learn and grow from our experiences, to create meaningful structure along the way and, in some cases, to embrace chaos when necessary.
- LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. We work with a spirit of continuous improvement in all areas. We seek to provide a path of growth for all of our employees and for Bunkhouse as a whole.