Bunge Limited (www.bunge.com, NYSE: BG) is a leading global agribusiness and food company operating in over 40 countries with approximately 32,000 employees. Bunge buys, sells, stores and transports oilseeds and grains to serve customers worldwide; processes oilseeds to make protein meal for animal feed; produces edible oil products for consumers and commercial customers in the food processing, industrial and artisanal bakery, confectionery, human nutrition and food service categories; produces sugar and ethanol from sugarcane; mills wheat, corn and rice to make ingredients used by food companies; and sells fertilizer in South America. Founded in 1818, the company is headquartered in White Plains, New York.
The Technical Support Manager working jointly with Sales Management, Research & Development, and Manufacturing will provide Bunge Canada Oils with opportunities for continuous improvement in product formulation, packaging, and use. The incumbent is charged with new product development, line extensions and improvement in existing product quality through application and leveraging of technical knowledge gained from researching literature, and industry sources. The Technical Support Manager will also respond to customer requests for technical help in furthering the use and consumption of Bunge products.
- Responsible for new product development and maintaining industry contacts to keep Bunge Canada at the forefront of Edible Oil technology.
- Collaborate with the sales and manufacturing groups and provide technical information for recommending changes to products and processes.
- In conjunction with the sales group develop and maintain technical contact with the customers and assist them in implementing B2B Oils
- Monitor and evaluate the products of competitors.
- Serve as a liaison to the business units in coordinating specialized sales, marketing, and operational requests.
- The incumbent will prepare user manuals, technical documents, and training documentation as well as train staff as required.
- Lead customized formulation from bench to commercialization. Ensure vigor disciplines in defining new formulas and processing conditions. Report progress cross functionally.
- Conduct cross-region tech-transfer to fill portfolio gaps and meet business needs, troubleshoot manufacturing and customer issues, and assist new equipment commissioning and new ingredient approval.
- Function as a regional technical lead on emerging technology, marketing trends, and regulatory requirements. Participate in NA innovation ideation and provide Canada insights.
- The incumbent will represent Bunge at seminars, trade organizations, customers, and governmental bodies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- The incumbent is responsible for managing projects which will contribute to the profitability and growth of the business as assigned by the V.P. Eastern Canada & National Accounts.
- The incumbent is also responsible for following and communicating all safety procedures. These involve safe driving of a vehicle for work, wearing of proper safety attire where required, and obeying all other safety instructions.
- The Technical Support Manager Bunge Canada Oils is responsible for strict adherence to, and promotion of, the Bunge Core Values.
- BSc or MSc in Culinary, Food Science or Food Engineering
- 5+ years of industry experience in shortening, margarine and oil formulation and application or prior industry experience in food or baking
- Fundamental knowledge and extensive experience in project initiation, plan, and control.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Technology, IT Manager, Agricultural, Engineer, Law, Technology, Agriculture, Engineering, Legal