We are seeking a full-time Assistant Media Buyer to join our team in Chicago, IL.
In this position, you will support the execution and management of paid media campaigns across numerous clients. The ideal candidate is familiar running paid media programs in social media platforms, search advertising, programmatic media, and/or experience in an ad-serve. You might be the perfect candidate for this position if you're passionate about digital media and have experience managing digital advertising campaigns.
BPI is a digitally-based marketing and communications agency that wins hearts and changes minds for companies and causes. From consumers, to voters, to the media, we communicate without barriers and measure what matters. BPI specializes in public affairs, corporate reputation and social impact. A growing firm with offices in Washington, DC, New York, Chicago and San Francisco, BPI works alongside our clients to bring integrated communications and advertising campaigns to companies and organizations – from strategy to message to media relations to marketing.
- Campaign set-up, QA, implementation, and ongoing oversight of paid media campaigns.
- Monitoring campaign delivery & performance, and flagging issues to the rest of the team
- Helping to ensure campaigns meet and exceed predetermined client KPIs
- Working alongside the media planning team, and under the direction of a Senior Media Buyer, to develop effective programmatic media plans
- Contributing to new-to-market products & services that align with our buying POV while addressing client needs
- Access cross-platform reporting to assess value of inventory & available deals
- Attend new vendor meetings and participate in our vendor pipeline to help assess the fast changing digital media landscape
- Support Media Buyer, Senior Media Buyer, Supervisors, and Associate Directors in developing the agency’s buying product and maintaining vendor relationships
- Assist Media Buyers, Senior Media Buyer, Supervisors, and Associate Directors in designing internal testing projects to improve the efficacy of our buying tactics
Experience & Position Requirements:
- 0-2 years relevant work experience
- Some level of hands-on experience with buying platforms such as DSPs (DoubleClick Bid Manager or The Trade Desk), Facebook, Twitter, AdWords and other self-serve interfaces
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Well organized and highly detail oriented
- We welcome applicants with programmatic media planning experience looking to transition into a product-oriented buyer role
- Self-starter ready to grow, learn new skills, think big, and get the job done
Great to Have:
- Experience running campaigns for political or public affairs clients
- Enthusiasm for Democratic and progressive politics
- Experience trafficking creative in an ad-server such as DoubleClick Campaign Manager
- Experience with multiple buying platforms such as Google AdWords, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and LinkedIn
- Knowledge of SQL, R Studio or other data analysis programming languages and software
- Knowledge of business intelligence dashboard software such as Datorama or Tableau
- Experience with or knowledge of outcome-driven experimental design and audience opinion surveys
- 100% employer paid healthcare, vision & dental
- 401(k) with employer match of 4%
- 12 days PTO (increases annually) + 3 flex days
- 12 weeks of paid maternity/paternity leave
- Monthly phone reimbursement
Bully Pulpit Interactive provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants for employment regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status, matriculation, personal appearance, genetic information or other protected group status.