2nd shift 3:30p.m. - 12 a.m.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all machining equipment in the machining cell including saw, various deburring equipment, CNC mills, and CNC lathes
- Programming CNC mill and CNC lathe using Mazatrol language, G&M -codes, and MasterCam program
- Perform set-up for jobs including, making fixtures, installing tooling, and checking program for accuracy to required quality levels
- Responsible for expediting priority jobs
- Perform all required inspection checks to ensure parts are in tolerance and meet customer requirements
- Responsible for using the correct inspection equipment and tools to perform quality checks.
- Responsible for maintaining and storing all cutting tools, inspection tools, and specialized machine cell equipment to required standards
- Responsible for optimizing each machining process to produce the most efficient and productive process possible.
- Moves completed jobs to next operation within value streams
- Completes all machine only parts in preparation for shipping
- Stores all material remnants in specific inventory areas
- Maintains reusable fixtures
- Visually inspects the quality of incoming material and notifies Purchasing of any quality issues
- Responsible for daily / weekly equipment maintenance as posted on equipment
- Responsible for notifying Value Stream Leads of preventive or emergency maintenance issues and needed consumables
- Participates in QC/continuous improvement processes in support of increased efficiencies
- Always wear personal protective gear when in the plant
- Participate in all required safety training
- Speak up when you see something happening that is not safe
- Experience operating CNC machining equipment
- Experience programming machining centers
- Knowledge of G and M code programming language
- Ability to read blueprints, engineering drawings, and interpret computer programs sent to machine centers
- Ability to operate large overhead crane and operate fork lift
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $22.00 to $27.00 /hour
- cnc programming: 1 year (Preferred)
- CNC Machinist: 1 year (Preferred)