Who are we?
We are Building Up. We are a non-profit contractor that takes on energy retrofit contracts while training and employing individuals with barriers to employment to carry out that work. Our goal is to transition people from trainees to tradespeople, and we have one so with over 100 individuals over the past 3 years.
One of the ways we get individuals working and learning is through water efficiency retrofits. We remove old inefficient toilets, showerheads and faucet aerators with high performing efficient fixtures that save water AND MONEY for housing providers.
The individual we are looking for will manage all aspects of the water efficiency division and report directly to the Director of Ops and Executive Director. The role is heavily rooted in business development, but also consists of strategic thinking, project management and budgeting.
The individual we hire will be running a business. You will set pricing, targets and manage projects. While a candidate with experience in the retrofit industry will be intriguing, we are more so looking for a strategic thinker and charismatic personality that is committed to our mission and vision.
This is an opportunity to be part of a growing innovative social enterprise that values people and environment above profit.
Compensation includes a base salary with commission and benefits. Training will be provided directly by the Executive Director.
- Manage and develop a sales pipeline
- Manage accounts and convert leads to sales in a systematic manner that is easily shared with management
- Coordinate a team of plumbers and trainees as they carry out retrofits in residential properties across the GTA
- Coordinate all orders and invoicing for water retrofit projects
- Coordinate all 'audits' - a process in projecting water savings available for any building
- Attend relevant tradeshows as needed
- Support the broader vision and mission of the organization
- Cross refer business to other divisions of the organization as opportunities present themselves
- Support other training initiatives and teammates as needed from time to time
Building Up's impact in community is growing incredibly fast. We are opportunistic and pivot quickly and often all in service of our mission. As a result, we are keen to bring on people with certain skills, attitudes and characteristics more so than experience or alignment with a specific task.
Who are we looking for?
- Entrepreneur/Problem Solver - Someone who sees a problem and has a need to solve it. They are goal oriented and no matter the goal, will find the resources (internal and external) to combat the issue.
- A People Person - You love people and take pride in getting along well with others.
- High Empathy - We work with incredible people working hard to turn their lives around and understanding that each person has a different lens, perspective, and journey is paramount.
- Organizational Master - You believe everything has a place and enjoy seeing it there.
- Multi-tasker - You know how to manage your time and take on curve balls thrown your way. You're okay working through moments of chaos - because it does happen.
- Strong Initiative- You are a problem solver that is constantly looking for ways to help.
- Organization/Data/ Excel - It is also important that the individual is fairly competent in excel and has an appreciation of data. We manage a lot of people, programs, businesses and projects.
- Flexible - You must love doing a large variety of tasks and feel comfortable not knowing exactly what you will be doing from one day to the next.
- Ability to manage a budget, schedule, order/receive materials, train and direct.
- Experience managing a sales pipeline and CRM is a HUGE PLUS
- Exceptional facilitation and leadership skills, particularly with disadvantaged community members
- Drivers license and vehicle is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 - $70,000 /year
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Business Development: 4 years (Preferred)
- G Class Driver's Licence (Preferred)