The Contracts Manager is a member of Building Futures Finance Team, with responsibility for managing the agency's public contracts, including federal (HUD), State of California, Alameda County, and the Cities of San Leandro, Alameda, and Oakland; totaling $5.5M annually. The Contracts Manager administers over 30 public contracts including invoicing and reporting, budget tracking and modification, spend-down, application & renewal, audit/site visits, and all other monitoring, correspondence, and response to funder requests. The Contract Manager serves under the supervision of the Finance Director.
- Administer the agency's contracts, including ensuring compliance with all contract and funder requirements and applicable laws.
- Ensure that all contracts are up to date, including preparing timely and compelling applications/renewals, management of the contracting process to ensure contracts are finalized and funded on or before the start date, and maintaining records of all contract documents and funder requirements.
- Process contract amendments.
- Prepare timely and accurate reporting and invoicing for all government contracts including required documentation/backup.
- Track and monitor accounts receivable to ensure that timely payments are received.
- Plan spend-down of each grant, preparing budget modification requests as needed.
- Understand every aspect of contract requirements, regulations, budgets, billing, and relationships, and prepare internal reports for board and program departments with regular progress updates.
- Oversee program and financial goals, to ensure the agency is meeting contract requirements.
- Assist in the development of control recommendations, ensuring compliance of supporting documentation and reports.
- Represent the agency to financial partners, auditors, public officials, and both internal/external customers.
- Assist program directors/managers with gathering, compiling, and analyzing information on program-related issues for the preparation of required planning documents and budgets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- Exceptional attention to detail and technical accuracy; skilled at working with data.
- Ability to prioritize projects, meet deadlines, manage several projects simultaneously and work well under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse workforce and public
- Ability to review and process information within a computerized web system throughout most of the work-day required.
- Minimum three years' experience with government contracts including a thorough understanding federal regulations, specifically Uniform Guidance and OMB circulars and indirect cost accounting.
- HUD contract experience strongly desired. Contract experience in Alameda County a plus.
- Homelessness and/or Domestic Violence experience preferred; social service background a plus.
- BA/BS in accounting or related field desired.
- Strong skill with Quickbooks desktop and Excel required.
Compensation and Benefits
The Contracts Manager is a full-time, exempt position. 100% paid health insurance, dental coverage, and generous holiday/vacation/personal/sick day package.
This position will work in Building Futures' administrative office in San Leandro, CA. Building Futures is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer which hires without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal and state law.
Notice: This description is to be used as a guide only. It does not constitute a contract, commitment or promise of any kind. Building Futures reserves the right to change, add, delete, upgrade or downgrade the position as dictated by business necessity at anytime with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules