Building Brains is a brand new campus coming to Saskatoon Fall 2019!!!
Building Brains offers quality child care, preschool and kindergarten programs while building strong brains for life. Through natural light filled spacious rooms and learning materials, we offer an innovative and welcoming environment that is captivating and stimulating for both adults and children.
Our teachers have strong interpersonal skills and find joy in working with children and adults. They are committed to learning and teaching in emergent, project-based ways while open collaboration fosters a student-centered, inquiry based learning environment that cultivates enthusiastic and globally-minded individuals. Our Directors and Program Implementation Team work alongside teachers as coaches to provide the best possible programming for children. Building Brains is passionate about moving practice forward for our team through strong professional development.
We are currently looking for an experienced Center Directors(Program Supervisors) to join our team.
Coordinate the provision of program operations and administrative functions through efficient communication with families and program staff. It is the responsibility of the Program Supervisor to work effectively within the management team to efficiently communicate and implement the Building Brains philosophy, policies and procedures by encouraging open communication between all stakeholders. To fully understand Building Brains philosophy, objectives and operations you may be asked to work as an in ratio teacher for a period of time before becoming a Program Supervisor.
- To perform duties in accordance with the philosophy, mission statement and core values of Building Brains
- To provide high quality child care in a group setting that meets the diverse needs and promotes optimum physical, social, emotional, cognitive and intellectual development of the children in care.
- To assume a supervisory and leadership role to the group that the Program Supervisor is responsible for.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING :
- Coordinates administrative functions of the program; facilitates communication; messaging to families and staff; social media; newsletters; website; manages communication and assessment software.
- Ensures positive communication with families through regular verbal and written contact regarding program, children's progress, opportunities for involvement, special concerns and family needs.
- Coordinates communication with prospective clients; interviews prospective clients and completes intake and orientation procedures; monitors wait list.
- Manage program collection of child care fees.
- Communicates with staff team to coordinate orientation and transition of new children and families to program.
- Effectively communicates and implements the Building Brains philosophy, policies and procedures to all key stakeholders; parents, staff, and community.
- Prepares and produces written documents to meet program information and communication needs; administers group documentation; keeps Program Management Team and Executive Director informed of pertinent information; answers and returns phone calls; provides mail and fax services.
- Ensures staff remain current and knowledgeable; makes recommendations for in-service training; advises manager of professional development needs of staff; maintains own knowledge through professional development.
- Respects confidentiality and relates to parents, children and other staff members in a professional and ethical manner.
- Other related duties as may be assigned by the Director of Operations / Curriculum / Executive Director/ Management.
- Early Childhood Education diploma or degree from a recognized college or University
- Level III ECE
- Valid first aid certificate.
- Current criminal record check including a vulnerable sector check.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work closely with other team members.
- Sensitivity and respect for individual and cultural differences.
- Adequate energy level and ability to meet the physical demands of the job.
- An additional language would be an asset.
- A minimum of three years' experience in an Early Learning and Care Program.
Our facilities offer spacious classrooms lit with natural light, a beautiful on site playground and are located near various parks and amenities. We offer a competitive salary and there are many opportunities for addition grants and subsidies.
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS :
Province of Saskatchewan Child Care Licensing Act; Child Care Licensing Regulation; Environmental Health Social Care Facilities Policy; Saskatoon Fire Code; Building Brains Parent Handbook; Building Brains Employee Handbook; Building Brains Program Plan as approved by Child Care Licensing.
If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families apply now!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- ECE: 3 years (Required)
- Reggio / Montessori: 1 year (Preferred)
- Saskatoon, SK (Preferred)
- Level III ECE Certification (Required)