The Bookkeeper/Office Manager serves as the main contact for the business office and is directly responsible for fiscal, payroll, and office administrative duties. Responsibilities include all aspects of accounting functions including accounts payable/receivable, reconciliations, financial statements and payroll. This position ensures the accuracy and integrity of the organization's policies and procedures and will also be responsible for the daily operations of the business office. The Bookkeeper/Office Manager reports directly to the Executive Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all daily operations including accounts payable and receivable, bank deposits, billing and general bookkeeping through Quickbooks Online
- Complete record keeping responsibility including bank reconciliations, recording journals and all adjusting entries through general ledger
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
- Prepare and submit monthly grant reimbursement invoice
- Monitor office expenses, tally and enter cash receipts
- Pay vendor invoices and track account balances
- Monitor expenses and cash receipts and report financial results on a regular basis to management
- Produce weekly bank reconciliation reports to tightly monitor cash flow and produce other financial reports
- Organize reports, files, statements and documentation required to prepare for external and grant audits
- Improve systems and procedures and recommends process improvements
- Conduct and process new hire paperwork and maintain employee/intern/volunteer files
- Process payroll and track payroll reports
- Identify, track, and obtain required new hire and professional development training certificates for staff
- Maintain paper and electronic records and files in the business office including, but not limited to, budget, personnel, program, and administrative records
- Manage daily general office organization, cleanliness, and professional appearance
- Monitor office expenses and manage office equipment & maintenance
- General administrative duties including customer service, office work, answering phones, data entry, etc.
- Minimum 2 years Quickbooks experience and strong Excel skills
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable functions
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to operate independently and report to management
- Ability to develop and maintain record-keeping systems and procedures
- Stability in work history a must
- Handel multiple assignments without difficulty
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree with an emphasis in Accounting or minimum 2 years experience in bookkeeping, accounting, and office administration and management functions.
Possess valid CA driver's license, current auto insurance coverage (liability) according to organization requirements. Must pass background check paid for by Building A Generation.
Hourly rate: $14-16/hr. - Position is full time, M-F 8:00-4:30pm with willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends for fundraising events and other activities. Employer offers benefits package (medical/dental coverage, vision, life insurance, 403(b), paid vacation/sick, holiday). Building A Generation is an equal opportunity employer.
Building A Generation services parents and children by providing personalized education, support, and connections enabling them to be self-sufficient families. It is the vision of Building A Generation to be an established gateway to resources and services that empower parents and children to be productive members of their communities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
- Office Manager: 2 years (Required)
- quickbooks: 2 years (Required)
- Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts