* Relocation assistance provided to move you to Laredo, TX
* Competitive salary, performance bonus, benefits package, 401K matching up to 3%, and educational development funding
* A friendly, collaborative work environment
* Opportunities for professional development and growth within the organization
* Must be bilingual, fully fluent in both English and Spanish
You’re a Southern Border Manager, a US Customs Broker Manager, or an Operations Lead. You’re looking for a role that never has a dull moment, and in which you can leverage your strong knowledge of US and Mexican customs and customs expertise.
If you’re seeking growth opportunities and challenging work, we have just the opportunity for you.
For 75 years Buckland (https://www.buckland.com/) has been helping companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Our customers trust us to simplify the complex world of Customs and Logistics by bringing customer focused people and innovative processes and technology together. Today, with over 500 employees and 9 locations, Buckland has grown beyond its start as a small business without losing any of its commitment to employees.
We’re looking for a new Southbound Customs Manager who can manage all of our customs operations moving Southbound and ensure smooth entry of goods into Mexico.
Southbound Customs Manager:
In this role, you’ll be responsible for all customs operations moving southbound from our Laredo, Texas location. You’ll achieve this by managing your team, their workflow, schedules, and providing expert level advice regarding technical issues. You’ll also manage some client relationships, as you work closely with the sales team to generate revenue by acting as a subject matter expert for clients.
Practically speaking, you will:
* Oversee daily operation of the department, support team leaders, train employees, conduct performance reviews and coaching, and prepare metrics and reports
* Develop KPIs, recordkeeping and auditing processes, schedules for staff, and procedures for customs clearance, as well as adjusting these as needed
* Maintain frequent communication with Northbound, warehouse, and billing operations departments and work with internal and external stakeholders
* Setup new clients (US, Mexico) and collaborate with sales to service clients and provide details on quotes and customs
* Supervise the preparation of Inbonds according to US Customs regulations and laws, communication with US Customs officials to resolve Inbond issues, and ensure Inbonds are timely and accurately exported electronically by US Customs
* Conduct audits on electronic export information/documentation, and resolve customer requests for any missing information or documentation
* Ensure mandatory data elements have been provided as stated on the FTR, monitor and follow up with the corresponding filer for error messages from AES, and respond to inquiries regarding the EEI’s
Your strong knowledge of US and Mexican customs will set you up for success in this role, as will your excellent communication skills, strong leadership, and confident decision-making.
The best in this role are organized, have strong attention to detail, and excellent problem-solving skills. If you’re looking to put these skills to use in an organization that has doubled in size and revenue over the last 5 years, we can’t wait to hear from you.
Working with Buckland:
This is a full-time, permanent position, typically working Monday to Friday with flexibility needed for overtime and on-call work. You’ll work remotely for the time being, and then will be based out of our Laredo, TX office. We’ll provide location assistance if you’re not local to the area.
You’ll travel up to 20% of the time throughout the USA and mostly Mexico. In addition to a competitive salary commensurate with experience, you’ll receive:
* Comprehensive health benefits package
* Performance based bonus
* Paid vacation time + an extra day off each year during the month you joined us
* 401K Plan matching plan up to 3%
* Educational development assistance and relocation assistance if needed
While the benefits are great, Buckland goes the extra mile in showing its appreciation for employees; we also host holiday parties, offer a relaxed dress code, and provide paid volunteer days for our employees after their first year. Even though we’ve become a large, successful business, we haven’t lost sight of the people who got us here.
* 5+ years of experience in Mexican/Southern Border customs, international trade, logistics, and shipping
* Experience in or strong knowledge with Mexican customs
* Fully bilingual and fluent in both English and Spanish (with an emphasis in Spanish)
* Strong technical aptitude and experience with MS Office Suite (e.g., specifically Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.)
* Valid passport and ability to travel up to 20% of the time in the USA and Mexico
* Experience using a CRM (e.g., Ace) (an asset)
* Experience with Mexican customs system/border protect system (e.g., Slam, Casa, Darwin, etc.), or any Traffic Systems or Traffic Software
* Post-secondary degree or diploma in logistics, supply chain, or related (an asset)
* Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
How to Apply:
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.