Posting Start Date: September 10, 2018
Posting Close Date: September 24, 2018
12 Month work term: January 2019 to December 2019
8 Month work term: January 2019 to August 2018
4 Month work term: January 2019 to April 2019
We have exciting opportunities for post-secondary students currently undertaking a Bachelor of Commerce, Finance, Engineering Business, Computer Science or Business Administration degree for the January 2018 work term; four (4), eight (8) and twelve (12) month opportunities exist to support Bruce Power across several departments in various endeavours.
More than 1 student required.
- Data gathering and analysis to identify, track and resolve business issues
- Report writing related to program deliverables
- Identify opportunities to improve and streamline current processes
- Process mapping and documentation of business process
- Participate in research, analyses and accounting assessments
- Provide assistance with monthly reporting cycle and related standards of documentation
- Other duties as required
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working with all levels of employees
- Public speaking skills
- Strong organizational and planning abilities
- Good computer skills
- Good analytical skills
- Dependable and self-motivated
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively in a team
- A strong understanding of safety in the workplace
Education and Experience:
- Currently enrolled in:
- Bachelor of Commerce or Finance
- Engineering Business
- Computer Science
- Business Administration
- Must be enrolled in a full-time post-secondary program
- Must have completed a minimum of one year post-secondary studies
- Must be returning full-time immediately following the work term to post-secondary studies or require a co-op term to graduate
For Candidate Consideration:
- Please ensure that a copy of the most recent transcript is attached. Candidates that do not attach a transcript will not be considered for the Student Program. An up to date unofficial transcript is acceptable for the application process
- Bruce Power requires a unique Security Clearance process. If you are selected for an interview, you will be required to complete this paperwork prior to the interview
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to move forward will be contacted.
In order to ensure you are given full consideration for this position, please ensure your candidate application is completely filled out and up to date. The information in the candidate application will be used in the selection process to assess candidacy for this position.
Bruce Power is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; valuing and respecting diversity. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups.