LIFE AT BRP
At BRP, we have a visceral connection to our consumers, one created from a shared passion for the Ultimate Ride. Our teams have a unique ability to develop market-shaping products and services that move people physically and emotionally.
Distributed throughout 107 countries, our product line-up includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-doo watercraft, Can-Am side-by-sides and all-terrain vehicles, Can-Am Spyder roadsters, Evinrude outboard engines, ROTAX jet propulsion systems and motors for karts, motorcycles, and small planes, as well as a full line-up of parts, accessories, and clothing.
Our 10 , 000 employees make up a big family of diverse cultures who all share a common value: innovation. Our people are passionate and qualified; by joining BRP, you will evolve at the heart of an experienced team that will welcome you with open arms.
Follow us on:
- YouTube @CommunicationsBRP
WHY JOIN THE TEAM?
1. Be a part of a passionate team which develops and manufactures industry-leading Powersports and Marine Products
2. Lead cross-functional teams on a highly-visible, strategic initiative.
3. Blend technical skills with business acumen to bring success to this highly visible project.
The Manager – Middleware and IS&T applications is responsible for the management of the entire lifecycle of all middleware, enterprise service bus , and tools used by IS&T. This includes, but is not limited to: TalenD, Jira, Solution Manager, ServiceNow, OTRS, etc. Involved at the strategic planning, commissioning, technical development, quality control, release management, operations and decommissioning stages of the application life, s/he is responsible for insuring BRP receives the most value from this software platform.
The Manager – Middleware and IS&T is responsible for managing, in a functional perspective, a team functional analysts, developers and application architects that will be working on projects that support the methods and practices of the IS & T team.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing the Application lifecycle
- Full grasp of the application as a system and a business enabler
- Understand existing and anticipated platform functionality that will meet business demand
- Define and maintain, in close collaboration with, the business stakeholders, a detailed application roadmap for all applications under his/her jurisdiction
- Set application standards and methodological guidelines throughout the application’s lifecycle (application architecture and design, functional requirements definition, development and configuration, testing and release management, documentation)
- Act as subject matter expert for all applications under his jurisdiction towards solution architects when designing solutions and towards functional analysts/developers during the development phase
- Ensure that defined standards and methodologies are respected by functional analysts, platform architects and developers
- Define, in conjunction with the applications support manager, the most appropriate support model to best fit business requirements
- Manage and optimize the application budget and contribute to the annual planning cycle
- Provide regular reporting on performance and cost
Managing a team of functional analysts, developers and application architects
- In a matrix-based organization, manage a team of functional analysts, developers, and application architects that will be working on projects that support the methods and practices of the IS & T team :
o Building out tools capabilities that support and automate best practices.
o Responsible for the coaching and training of team members to maintain right level of expertise and knowledge.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in computer science, engineering, finance, business management or a related field.
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management.
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people to enhance understanding and drive decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and management of multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Strong analytical, data-processing and problem-solving skills.
- Financial accounting and reporting practices applicable to applications, costs and risks.
- IT contracts and their likely cost implications.
- Engagement with procurement and legal contract advisors for additional information.
- IT applications, operations, service and support organizations.
- Data processing, analysis and quality management tools.
- Development and implementation of processes and policies.
- At least 10 years working experience with TalenD or middleware systems/ Enterprise Buss. This includes expertise in functional and technical capabilities working on both project implementations and support.
- 5 - 7 years of experience working in the automotive or manufacturing industry.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in managing external IT service providers.
- 3 - 5 years of experience managing the risk and cost implications of IT contracts or contract negotiations.
- Membership of professional organizations, trade or user groups and a pattern of regular attendance at industry conferences to enhance knowledge of current technology.
- High levels of personal integrity when conducting the professional affairs of the organization and dealing with sensitive and confidential data relating to risks and costs.
- Calmness and clarity of thought while under pressure.
- The ability to uphold the goals and culture of the organization.
- The ability to lead, enable and motivate teams by providing advice and guidance in a nonjudgmental fashion.
- An understanding of strategic business objectives and the ability to drive results toward those objectives.
- Openness to, and the ability to deal with, rapid change in business needs, processes and technologies.
AN EXCEPTIONAL AREA!
The Eastern Townships, located at the very south of the province, shares a border with the United States over close to 300 km (186 mi). The charm comes on thick as you forge your way into this paradise of mountains, hills and valleys. The architectural heritage, evidence of the Anglo-Saxon legacy, has transformed the towns into the most picturesque of places. 80% of the territory is covered by forests. Come the fall season, an abundance of colour covers the branches. To the sheer delight of outdoor enthusiasts, four national parks, including Parc national du Mont-Orford, and many other natural areas provide their share of activities, no matter the season: hiking, biking, camping, skiing and so much more. A favourite vacation destination, the Eastern Townships offers a good selection of B&Bs and inns, not to mention spas and health centres. Agritourism completes the region’s circle of charm, with five different circuits exploring vineyards, orchards, country-style dining, terroir delights and sugar shacks. In fact, the region counts several vineyards, all very different from one another, such as the Vignoble Le Cep d’Argent where you can discover the pleasure of their palatable wine