LIFE AT BRP
At BRP, we have a visceral connection to our consumers, one created from a shared passion for the Ultimate Ride. Our teams have a unique ability to develop market-shaping products and services that move people physically and emotionally.
Distributed throughout more than 100 countries, our product line-up includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-doo watercraft, side-by-side all terrain vehicles, Can-Am Spyder roadsters, Evinrude marine propulsion systems, marine propulsion systems and motors for Rotax karts, motorcycles, and small planes, as well as a full line-up of parts, accessories, and clothing.
Our 10 000 employees make up a big family of diverse cultures who all share a common value: innovation. Our people are passionate and qualified; by joining BRP, you will evolve at the heart of an experienced team that will welcome you with open arms.
Follow us on:
- LinkedIn @BRP
- YouTube @CommunicationsBRP
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership, vision and direction to the applications organization to ensure it will contribute to the company achieving its goals.
- Work with Director of Enterprise SAP and other IT leaders to develop overall IT strategy for the SAP Platform in the context of the business strategy.
- Develop productive relationships with architects across the organization to influence how applications can enable new sources of value.
- Define and enhance methodologies and practices for the application life cycle management in line with best practice and practical experience of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that applications processes (including those of external service providers) are conducted in line with corporate social responsibility, environmental and technical policies and applicable standards and legislation.
- Guide application group personnel, developing their skills and capabilities to meet the needs of the organization.
- Implement and manage application life cycle management status reporting, metrics and benchmarks.
- Support the IT vendor Manager in relationships with major vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs of the organization.
- Conduct regular surveys of stakeholder satisfaction with applications, publish the results and, where necessary, implement action plans to improve satisfaction.
- Oversee the assessment of the technical and business fitness of the application portfolio and their associated costs and risks.
- Facilitating the application governance process to gain consensus on a prioritized set of measurable business outcomes that applications must support.
- Working with stakeholders and other platform architects to accomplish this application work in a way that improves the business and technical fitness of the application portfolio and minimizes its ongoing support costs.
- Overseeing the application organization's successful delivery of these business outcomes in partnership with business colleagues.
- Overseeing benefits realization to ensure that business outcomes are achieved.
- Overseeing support activities in conjunction with infrastructure and operations to ensure the applications perform well in production.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in computer science, engineering, finance, business management or a related field.
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management.
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people to enhance understanding and drive decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and management of multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Strong analytical, data-processing and problem-solving skills.
- Financial accounting and reporting practices applicable to applications, costs and risks.
- IT contracts and their likely cost implications.
- Engagement with procurement and legal contract advisors for additional information.
- IT applications, operations, service and support organizations.
- Data processing, analysis and quality management tools.
- Development and implementation of processes and policies.
- At least 10 years experience in a leadership role within SAP. This includes expertise in functional and technical capabilities. Working on both project implementations and support. Preferably experience with S/4 Hana or implementing Business Suite on Hana.
- 5 - 7 years of experience working in the automotive or manufacturing industry.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in managing external IT service providers.
- 3 - 5 years of experience managing the risk and cost implications of IT contracts or contract negotiations.
- Membership of professional organizations, trade or user groups and a pattern of regular attendance at industry conferences to enhance knowledge of current technology.
- High levels of personal integrity when conducting the professional affairs of the organization and dealing with sensitive and confidential data relating to risks and costs.
- Calmness and clarity of thought while under pressure.
- The ability to uphold the goals and culture of the organization.
- The ability to lead, enable and motivate teams by providing advice and guidance in a nonjudgmental fashion.
- An understanding of strategic business objectives and the ability to drive results toward those objectives.
- Openness to, and the ability to deal with, rapid change in business needs, processes and technologies.
AN EXCEPTIONAL AREA!
The Eastern Townships are located in the southern part of the province and share a 300km+ long border with the United States. The region’s breathtaking landscape features 15 mountains, 19 lakes, 7 rivers, 33 beaches and 3 national parks. 80% of the territory is forested, making its more than 200 km of hiking trails possible. In the fall, the landscape becomes a festival of colours, delighting young and old alike. Nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts are sure to find what they’re looking for among the many seasonal and year-round activities available, which include hiking, cycling, camping, skiing and golfing, not to mention hunting and fishing. Food lovers can treat their taste buds to the refined flavours of the region’s vineyards, microbreweries and local products. There are also plenty of options for those who want to relax, with over 15 spas and relaxation centres, all of which are surrounded by idyllic vistas. The Eastern Townships offer unmatched quality of life.