Brock Solutions is an engineering solutions and professional services company specializing in the design, build and implementation of real-time solutions for broad based industrial/manufacturing and transportation/logistics organizations globally. With approximately 400 employees in Canada and the U.S., Brock Solutions is a privately held, employee owned organization with over 30 years in the real-time solutions space.
As Brock Solutions continues to grow and respond to the on-going requirements of major clients, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking a QA Software Engineer to join our team of experienced professionals located at our Kitchener, ON head office.
To be successful in this role, you will be required to learn and understand the complex applications that Brock Solutions work with, and how they are used in the real world. You will then apply that knowledge to independently develop a test strategy for the systems and features you are assigned. You will not just be executing pre-written test cases, you will be taking responsibility and ownership of QA for your assigned scope.
- Participate in product design reviews and technical specification process.
- Drive and implement a formal testing strategy, processes and standards.
- Create deliverables such as test strategies, test plans, test cases, and test coverage matrices.
- Conduct functional, integration, regression, user acceptance, and performance/load testing.
- Identify innovative ways to verify software functionality and locate software defects to find issues, which the customer may otherwise find later.
- Evaluate and execute manual and automated test cases ensuring traceability back to business and technical specifications.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience testing software in a complex technical environment.
- Experience with both automation and manual testing, including automating web-based applications; scripting knowledge in Selenium or any other automation tool.
- 2+ years of hands-on programming experience in Java or another object-oriented language.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven ability to work collaboratively with Developers, Business Leaders and Project Managers.
- Team spirit with a ‘can do’ attitude – you enjoy testing, documenting and resolving software issues.
- A proven record of learning and understanding complex applications.
- Able to work independently.
- Experience with all aspects of testing from integration testing to acceptance testing using both positive and negative test strategies, and performance and load testing.
- Experience with android and/or iOS testing is a plus.
- Exposure to test automation frameworks for mobile web applications such as Appium is a plus.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and testing methodologies.
- Diploma or Degree from a post-secondary institution.
Other Job Information (if applicable): Brock Solutions strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, Brock Solutions will endeavour to remove barriers to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.