Brock Solutions is an engineering solutions and professional services company specializing in the design, build and implementation of real-time solutions for broad based industrial/manufacturing and transportation/logistics organizations globally. With approximately 400 employees in Canada and the U.S., Brock Solutions is a privately held, employee owned organization with over 30 years in the real-time solutions space.
As Brock Solutions continues to grow and respond to the on-going requirements of major clients, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking an electrical engineer / designer to join our team of experienced professionals located in our head office in Kitchener, ON.
The Electrical Engineer / Designer position involves the design and drafting of automated electrical controls systems in a broad range of environments.
- Overall/General System Design
- Functional specification review and development
- Catalog cut development
- Phasing plan review and development
- Network architecture design (e.g. DeviceNet, ControlNet, EtherNet, etc)
- Motor manifest review and development
- Bill of materials development
- Power System Design
- Power distribution design (24 VDC, 120 VAC, 480 VAC, 575VAC)
- Single line drawing development
- Control System Design
- Field Installation drawing development
- Emergency stop drawing development
- Motor Control Panel (MCP) design
- Interface drawing design (various third party devices)
- Request for information (RFI) review and development
- Transmittal preparation
- As-built documentation development
- Procurement department support
- Shipping department support
- College Technology Diploma or University Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline is required
- Electrical control systems design experience
- Understanding of electrical drawings, drafting principles, and best practices
- Knowledge of low voltage (600 VAC) power systems and PLC machine control systems and devices
- Able to work with NEC and CEC electrical codes
- Familiarity with AutoCAD is an asset
- Comfortable working with installation contractors and end customers
- Ability to travel as required
New grads are welcome to apply. If you have graduated within the last 3 years, please also submit a soft copy of your transcript (unofficial copy is fine).
Other Job Information (if applicable):
Brock Solutions strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, Brock Solutions will endeavour to remove barriers to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.