BCIT's School of Construction and the Environment
is seeking a regular, full-time Program Coordinator
. This position reports to the Associate Dean and works closely with the Chief Instructor of the electrical trades and Security System Technician program, which includes day school, Part-Time Studies (PTS), advanced certificate programs, and industry service programs. Responsibilities include planning and executing on tasks that directly support education delivery, as well as supporting admissions, program preparation, program administration, financial tracking, and marketing. This position also participates in in events and activities related to the electrical trades and Security System Technician program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Provides program information to potential students, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Functions as a liaison with the Chief Instructor, instructors, students and other departments to maintain effective departmental communication and collaboration.
- Develops and implements processes for handling student assessments, tracking student academic records through programs, and coordinates the program selection process and activities.
- Coordinates all activities associated with the development of courses or programs, including supporting program and curriculum reviews.
- Organizes and invigilates exams as required, including PLAR.
- Coordinates and reviews department timetabling requests, resolves conflicts, suggests alternative options and maintains the department timetabling spreadsheet.
- Liaises with Student Records, Admissions, Disability Resource Centre and other departments to ensure smooth program delivery.
- Reviews and processes student status and course grades in Banner.
- Develops industry training quotes and contracts.
- Coordinates and issues PTS and Industry Services (IS) contracts for course delivery, curriculum developers, markers, lab proctors, tutors, etc.
- Initiates and authorizes department purchases per budget guidelines.
- Schedules and sets up meetings, including ordering refreshments, preparing and distributing meeting materials, arranging parking facilities and travel arrangements.
- Participates in Records Custodian training and remains current with record keeping practices, policies and procedures (both BCIT and FOIPOP).
- Undertakes related duties as assigned consistent with the job grade for this position.
- Being a part of BC's Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.