BCIT Human Resources
is seeking a regular, full-time Professional Development Funds Administrator and Auxiliary Services Coordinator
. Reporting to both the Director, Organizational Development (Director, OD) and the Recruitment Specialist, Auxiliary Services, this position supports professional development (PD) funds administration and auxiliary resources services.
This position provides a range of administrative, process improvement, and financial administration services to support effective administration and financial management of five professional development (PD) funds and the Institute Tuition Waiver Program.
This position also supports auxiliary resources recruitment, placement, performance management and other related duties to the entire auxiliary pool.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Professional Development Funds Administration
Administrative Support to the Auxiliary Pool
- Coordinates, oversees and maintains day-to-day PD administration, budget and operations of funds.
- Be the first point of contact to handle employee PD inquiries.
- Manages records management, administration and reconciliation of funds.
- Conducts research and analysis, and presents recommendations.
- Supports Labour Relations (LR) with PD investigations.
- Manages, monitors and reconciles PD budgets; prepares monthly and annual budget reports.
- Provides administrative support to PD Committees: prepares meeting agendas, minutes, and meeting packages; collects and organizes documentation; uploads documents to ShareSpace and intranet sites, schedules and coordinates meetings, manages RSVPs, and ensures pending actions are brought forward.
- Conducts comprehensive improvement reviews of each fund to review historical documentation, past practices, negotiated agreements, memorandums of agreement and collective agreement interpretation and implementation.
- Maintains the Auxiliary database and ensures Auxiliary certifications are kept up-to-date.
Offers Auxiliary assignments.
- Ensures Auxiliary appointments are entered into HR information system (HRIS) and assists Recruitment Specialist, Auxiliary Services as needed.
- Administers Auxiliary employees' health and pension benefits process, including determination of eligibility, purchases of service, estimates, document preparation and certifications.
- Tracks absences and consults with the employee or department as appropriate.
- Liaises with the Illness and Short-term Disability Coordinator to ensure continuous coverage and ensures that costing is applied appropriately.
- Liaises with Finance to ensure correct processing; clarifying timesheet and data entry issues.
- Informs Payroll of Record of Employment requests and supplies the appropriate information.
- Sets up new hire files, ensuring that test results, credentials and other relevant data is on record.
- Provides New Hire Orientation for Auxiliary employees.
- Provides support for the Auxiliary pool by screening, interviewing, conducting reference checks, making hire decisions and extending job offers.