is seeking a regular, full-time Coordinator
for Alumni and Student Programs. With the overarching goal to build lifelong relationships between BCIT and alumni, this position works independently and in collaboration to develop, implement and coordinate alumni and student engagement programs and services, and revenue generation programs. This position is responsible for volunteer management, revenue growth, event management, sponsorships, affinity partnerships execution, and related duties. The Coordinator serves as a resource to the department, manages alumni and stakeholder relationships and inquiries, and assists in developing and implementing best practices that build vibrant alumni communities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- In conjunction with the Manager, participates in developing proactive and strategic engagement initiatives and revenue generation programs in order to enhance and facilitate growth and development of the Advancement division's business objectives.
- Contributes to the development of a comprehensive Institute-wide student and alumni engagement program, and is responsible for its implementation.
- Measures program outcomes and tracks metrics of alumni and student programs to ensure continued engagement and cultivation of students and alumni to enhance their relationship with BCIT and facilitate lifelong relationships.
- Liaises with all BCIT schools, programs, and Student Association to keep abreast of alumni opportunities.
- Develops training program materials and participates in training sessions.
- Supervises up to 30 volunteers, matches volunteer recruits to assignments, arranges or conducts volunteer orientations and training, provides feedback and maintains records in required databases and produces reports as required.
- Coordinates the Alumni Association Sponsorship program: works with internal student clubs and external organizations to promote sponsorship opportunities, reviews applications and makes recommendation to Manager and Director on sponsorship allocations.
- Participates in evaluation of alumni programs and services. Collects and records statistical information and feedback, analyzes, documents and reports results, makes recommendations and integrates suggestions and improvements into programs and services.
- Prepares regular activity and budget reports for program for review by the manager.
- Participates in Records Custodian training and remains current with record keeping practices, policies and procedures (both BCIT and FOIPOP).
- Undertakes related duties as assigned consistent with the job grade for this position.