It's an exciting time to join our Advancement team at BCIT. The Institute is at a transformational time in its history and together with the BCIT Foundation, is preparing to undertake a significant project that will inspire and elevate teaching and learning for the next 50 years. At BCIT, we strive to remain at the forefront of innovation and technology as the destination for applied learning and research innovation, and a dynamic community of discovery and interaction. Students are at the core of our mission and we are committed to preparing tomorrow's leaders and innovators to solve complex problems and make a difference locally and globally. Our Advancement Division is a strategic partner in this mission and we are seeking a skilled and thoughtful fundraising professional to join our growing team to support raising funds and increasing engagement in support of students.
is seeking a regular, full-time Assistant
to support the Major Gifts team
. The Assistant, Major Giving provides administrative support to the Major Gifts (MG) team to meet the Foundation's goals and objectives. Responsibilities include: donor service, maintaining accurate donor records, assisting with the development of a variety of communications including proposals, preparing donor agreements, reports and presentations; tracking priority projects and donor agreements; calendar support; and providing meeting and event support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides support in the development and implementation of major giving campaigns and stewardship activities.
- Provides administrative support to fundraising initiatives, such as the comprehensive campaign.
- Develops, edits and finalizes a variety of communications including proposals, donor agreements, presentations, reports and other printed/digital materials.
- Assists in providing high quality donor stewardship to all major gift donors through timely appreciation calls, cards, and follow-up to donor gifts and inquires.
- Utilizes specialized fundraising software (Raiser's Edge) to track major gift donors, prospects and contacts; pulls queries and reports as required; records donor activity; updates donor information; and compiles donor briefs.
- Provides event and meeting support as required, including coordinating calendars, room bookings, catering, parking, and preparing materials.
- Liaises with the Executive offices, boards, donors and prospects, alumni, industry partners, and internal stakeholders on behalf of the Executive Director and takes action as required.
- Provides assistance and backup support to other administrative staff during absences or peak periods as required.
- Participates in Records Custodian training and remains current with record keeping practices, policies and procedures (both BCIT and FOIPOP).
- Undertakes related duties as assigned consistent with the job grade for this position.