Recently, Mastercard acquired Brighterion Inc., a leading software company specializing in artificial intelligence to deliver enhanced customer experience and security. This role sits within that team in our Vancouver office.
The Java Team is responsible for designing and implementing Brighterion's web based applications. This full stack application development position includes:
- Web-interface design and development
- Application logic and implementation
- Data management and persistence
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on business needs.
- Apply best development practices to write well designed, maintainable, testable, scalable, and secure code.
- Design web interfaces to meet functional specifications using ReactJS/HTML/CSS best practices.
- Implement application logic in Java.
- Integrate data from back-end services and databases.
- Test and verify features work correctly.
- Support existing customers.
- Experience with Perl.
All About You
- Strong programming skills with deep knowledge of Java.
- Experience with Spring and XML/XSLT
- Experience with Java servlet containers such as: Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, Glassfish.
- Good understanding of relational database systems: Oracle, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server.
- Good problem diagnostic and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage multiple tasks within the constraints and timelines determined by business needs.
- BS in computer science or a related field preferred.
- Experience creating dynamic visualizations using d3 helpful.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.