SUMMARY OF EMPLOYMENT
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Director of Operations must demonstrate a strong leadership style that can mobilize and mentor staff while building an inclusive and collaborative culture. The incumbent will oversee the day-to-day operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to standards and procedures to maximize the safety, quality, productivity and commitment of employees. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious professional who seeks to drive change and challenge the status quo.
Working with Bridgestone also means...
- Joining an efficient and friendly team
- Working with over 1300 colleagues who are proud and happy to invest in us;
- Working for a multinational company and a plant that celebrates more than 50 years of operational excellence;
- Becoming part of an eco-friendly company that promotes health & safety.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining organizational goals, plant safety, product quality, product manufacturing, equipment reliability, manufacturing costs, effective workforce planning, project completion and continuous improvement in general;
- Provide clear alignment of management and operational direction as well as implement strategies in line with the company's vision and mission;
- Assist the Plant Manager in directing the mill towards operational excellence through the development of practices and initiatives that provide Bridgestone with a competitive advantage in areas such as, but not limited to, conservation of energy, redesign of workstations, work processes, process improvement, process standardization, variation reduction and facility management;
- Optimize productivity standards, measures and performance to ensure optimal asset performance - increase production capacity and flexibility while minimizing costs;
- Ensure strong organizational commitment to quality and safety while meeting Bridgestone standards;
- Establish strong and strategic relationships with staff in all departments to ensure that the strategies align with organizational objectives while maintaining close relationships with the union;
- Manage the budget and control costs to maximize productivity and ensure that the Joliette plant remains competitive;
- Stay updated with the latest best practices and concepts in production management to gain credibility in promoting a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
PROFILE OF SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in administration, engineering or other relevant education;
- MBA an asset;
- Have a minimum of 10 years of experience in an operational management role in the manufacturing industry. Specific experience in the tire field is not necessary;
- Excellent command of oral and written English
- Have recognized experience and achievements in the field of industrial safety, quality management, and continuous improvement practices;
- Ability to deploy and implement strategic planning processes and encourage operational staff to adhere to these strategies;
- Have a proven track record that motivates employees to maintain the fluidity of operations;
- Have strong problem-solving skills to quickly identify and solve problems;
- Have a strong ability to build, train and lead teams by example to empower them.