Account Manager, Lubricants
To effectively manage a sales territory that targets growth in the customer base, sales, volume and profitability, while ensuring customer requirements are being met.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Ensure a safe work environment at all times, reporting unsafe conditions immediately to Sales Manager;
- Perform role in a manner that is reflective of Brenntag's Core Values, within regulatory requirements and company policies, programs and expectations;
- Achieves or exceeds annual planned sales and margin objectives for the assigned territory or market segments while maintaining expenses within assigned budgeted guidelines;
- Participates in the preparation and implementation of annual territory budgets and marketing/industry promotion plans for the assigned territory or area of accountability;
- Identifies and reports potential sales growth opportunities and factors which could influence Brenntag's local marketing plans and objectives;
- Works with the assigned customer service representatives and analytical and technical resources (internal and external) to ensure a level of service that exceeds customers' expectations;
- Establishes strong business relationships with existing customer base and develops value relationships with potential clients to expand business;
- Utilizes the Brenntag Sales Process and maintains CRM (Customer Relationship Management) database in a timely manner, with specific emphasis on contact reports, consumption updates and opportunity pipeline;
- Actively participates in Commercial Excellence to ensure the territory is managed as profitably as possible, which includes but not limited to: Price management; upselling to existing customers and expanding current customer portfolios; reducing Days Sales Outstanding (DSO); and other such activities as defined by the Sales Manager.
- Contribute to and complete all other assigned reporting requirements;
- Ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with health, safety, quality and environmental management systems as well as corporate and local policies.
- Other position relevant ad hoc duties as may be assigned.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits and pension package (including company match)
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Health club membership subsidy
- A commitment to internal promotions
Qualifications include the following:
- Post-Secondary Education with a focus in Business, Science or equivalent
- Experience in the chemical and/or lubricants distribution business, preferably in a sales capacity (3-5 years)
- Sound computer skills in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Superior presentation, communication and negotiation skills
If you are interested in joining our organization and meet the specified qualifications, please submit your resume with the subject line: Account Manager, Lubricants - Etobicoke.
Brenntag Canada Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Applications from all diverse groups are welcomed and encouraged. Every person has a right to equal treatment with respect to employment free from discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to protected grounds under the Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in in relation to the materials or processes we use in the recruitment process. Successful candidates will be required to submit a Criminal Background Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, due to the high volume of applicants, we will only be contacting candidates selected for an interview. No phone calls or agency inquiries please.
Brenntag Canada Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Brenntag, the global market leader in full-line chemical distribution. Brenntag Canada Inc. is a leading distributor of specialty and commodity chemicals to major Canadian resource and manufacturing industries. With more than 100 years of history, including over 50 years of experience providing technology and products to the Canadian oil and gas sector, our commitment to safety, quality, service and responsible distribution is unparalleled within our industry.
Visit our site to learn more!
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)