A little about us...
Bray Leino Software is a specialist boutique software development company who have been developing market leading software products for over 10 years. Bray Leino Software are developing a suite of highly effective web and mobile applications for the Healthcare Industry, supporting every part of the NHS continuing healthcare initiative and are currently looking for a talented and experienced Developer to join the team based in Nantwich!
What will I be doing?
This unique opportunity will involve working as part of a small, close-knit team in a modern, vibrant office. The successful candidate must be able to produce good quality code and the work produced will be clear, maintainable and testable. Furthermore, experience in the following technologies is a must:
- Microsoft SQL Server
They should also have operations experience including deploying to, patching and managing Windows and Linux servers. Finally, they should have experience working under an agile methodology and have extensive Git capability.
The candidate must be able to communicate their ideas, progress, opportunities, risks and setbacks to their team and project stakeholders. They must be able to document their work including non-coding activities such as deployment and configuration. They should be able work effectively with colleagues seeing through architecture, design and QA work.
The candidate should be committed to their part in QA and will be happy to unit test their code, review the code of others and to have their code reviewed. They should be committed to best practice throughout, including on performance and security and will be happy reviewing the quality of all aspects of development work, not just code. Experience with TDD would be preferable.
- Developing well-designed, structured, documented, secure and robust code (including debugging) within a project schedule and according to procedures determined.
- Potential for future mobile/tablet development using Web technologies & Cordova.
- Additional Back End coding support as and where required.
What will I need?
- At least five years of experience in Web Application development.
- Good knowledge of the best practices in development, including coding standards, unit testing, Agile development.
- Knowledge of VB / MS Access would be advantageous but not essential.
Key personal attributes;
- Excellent analytical abilities and creative thinking.
- Ability to accept responsibility for arranging own tasks and priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication skills and ability to confidently present own work to the team.
25 days holiday rising after 2 years to
(plus Bank holidays)
Health Cash Plan
Claim back the costs of
dental, optical, physio treatments and more
Office closed between
Christmas and New Year
- Company pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Enhanced employer pension contribution after one year's service
- Outstanding training and progression
- Health plan
- Employee discount platform
- Health and wellbeing programme
- Modern offices and a talented, close-knit team
- Development-focussed environment; creativity and innovation are encouraged
- We work hard to produce ingenious solutions, and we have a good time doing it
- We keep things simple, so our recruitment process should be quick and pain-free
- If we like your application, expect a call very soon
- You may need to visit us a couple of times to ensure you meet everyone you need to
- For some roles, we’ll likely ask you to show us your portfolio
- We like it when people want to work with us, so even if your initial application is unsuccessful, we’ll be in touch if a better suited role comes up
Click here to apply
Facebook twitter Linked In