Brandt is currently seeking a Vice President of Operations - Northern Alberta. This position would be based out of Edmonton.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provision for overall management, business leadership, development, and supervision for the branches within the assigned area of responsibility.
- The creation, execution, and achievement of annual budgets for the branches within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Present to all stakeholders, including senior management, as required (i.e. division meetings, ad hoc, etc.)
- Achieving sales growth and profitability of all areas in division.
- Achieving asset management goals of turn and aging as well as protection of company assets. Included but not limited to new and used wholegood inventory. At the same time providing for the right mix of inventory to achieve sales and market share goals.
- Management and development of all employees in Division with the goal of building a motivated and successful workforce focused on long term success for the company, customers and employees.
- Establish targets for Managers and evaluate their performance through the use of KPI’s as provided by the Company.
- Achieving Market Share goals as agreed for the long-term success of our manufacturer and the company.
- Providing feedback and input into future opportunities and competitive pressures.
- Managing Division account receivables in conjunction with Director of Credit Services.
- Ongoing presence at assigned Branches is critical to provide leadership and supervision.
- Work with suppliers.
- Coordinate and participate in events, including but not limited to customer fly-in’s, open houses, recruitment events, etc.
- Minimum 10 years in the heavy equipment industry accompanied with a minimum 5 years in management and/or business operations experience.
- Degree or diploma with business focus an asset but not mandatory.
- Previous sales and product support experience
- Good financial understanding along with cost management, business planning and goal setting with management.
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to lead by example, take initiative, and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives while bringing a strong problem solving ability to the workplace.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with strong attention to detail and a consistent focus on developing and maintaining good customer relations.
- Travel required.