Reporting to the Director of Property Management, the Property Manager is responsible for creating and administering the management plan for each property within the designated portfolio.
Responsibilities of the Property Manager are, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee day to day management of Brandt’s national commercial portfolio, including compliance with Brandt’s, and any other applicable regulations, codes, and laws. Achievement of cost effective ways to operate.
- Interact and effectively communicate directly with Senior Management/Operations & Building Maintenance Manager/Owner Representatives on financial performance, property operations, staffing and tenant relations.
- Contribute to, and work toward achieving Brandt Developments’ Work Plan.
- Supervise Territory Property Managers and Property Administration staff.
- Monitor/control spending by approving purchase orders and invoices.
- Review property taxes and manage property tax appeals for the portfolio.
- Commission appraisals for periodic lease review and rental adjustments.
- Create annual reforecast and operating budgets for client’s approval.
- Ensure building revenues and expenses are managed within the approved budget; analyze monthly financial statements and prepare monthly/annual management reports; ensure tenant billings and year- end adjustments are correct and conform to lease.
- Oversee accounts receivable to ensure they are maintained at an acceptable level.
- Administer leases to ensure all requirements are maintained. Responsible for lease renewals and new leasing; engage and supervise 3rd party brokers when required.
- Represent Brandt Developments Ltd. at industry meetings and events and maintain effective community relations.
- Ensure excellent tenant relations through direct contact.
- In conjunction with the Director, Operations Manager, and Purchasing Group, tender, select and supervise service contracts.
- Oversee annual tenant survey.
- Other duties as required.
- Communicate effectively and professionally - both oral and written; develop and sustain working relationships with senior management, contractors, and tenants; self-motivated, professional and flexible; able to motivate staff in the achievement of performance goals.
- Demonstrate effective negotiation skills.
- Allocate one's time effectively, work under pressure and deliver results according to agreed timelines.
- Have a team-oriented approach and build collaborative relationships.
- Identify, evaluate and develop new ideas – with positive results.
- Analyze financial, legal and contractual problems and, provide solutions or recommendations.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in commercial property management.
- University degree in Commerce or Business Administration and/or a Certified Property Manager (CPM) designation from the Real Estate Institute of Canada, or Real Property Administrator (RPA) from the Building Owners and Managers Institute International.
- Must have superior financial skills.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle at all times.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft’s Office Suite; a working knowledge of Sage accounting system will be beneficial.