The Director of Sales – Industrial and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) will build and lead the sales team to secure business within the Mining, Agricultural, Food Processing, Oil, Gas and other industrial sectors. In addition, this positon will develop an OEM direct business strategy for contract manufacturing and other services.
- Lead the Brandt Industrial and OEM sales team responsible for building Brandt engineering, manufacturing and onsite business.
- Develop a business plan including a sales and marketing strategy.
- Lead and develop a sales team of professionals focused on OEM contracted services – design, manufacturing, etc.
- Establish Brandt’s brand in Western Canada for mining and other industrial segments while working with Brandt’s in house branding department.
- Call on potential customers with the Territory Manager throughout Western Canada and beyond, focusing on large scale fabrication and machining.
- Work with Brandt Engineered Products (BEP) to help scope, quote, project management, deliver and commission various projects.
- Lead the review of all Tenders, Prequalification Requests, Requests for Proposals, Sales Agreements, Legal documents, etc. in conjunction with Brandt Engineered Products and in-house legal counsel.
- Study the competitors in order to better understand their weaknesses, shop capacities, deliveries, capabilities, etc.
- Lead the Strategic Supplier Development Program in conjunction with BEP.
- Lead the Brandt team in negotiations for supplier agreements, purchasing and sale agreements, etc.
- Work with the Brandt’s Finance department to calculate the financial returns needed.
- Represent Brandt at industry events, conferences and trade shows.
- Sales management experience.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Industrial knowledge is considered an asset.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Travel Required 60% of the time.