Brandt is currently seeking a Design Engineer located in Regina or Edmonton. This position is responsible for the design and development of new products through research and development as well as improving existing products.
- Contributes on research and development projects, carries out assigned responsibilities in a timely, diligent, safe and professional manner.
- Conducts meetings and studies to understand markets conditions, geographic variances and customer requirements during the product development process in pursuit of product design excellence.
- Ensures quality in a products design for usability, reliability, functionality, marketability and manufacturability.
- Leads product design verification and validation to satisfy product and customer requirements.
- Meet with customers to identify needs, develop and present solutions to meet those needs. This includes all aspects of product design criteria, product function.
- Work closely with engineering, sales and customers to provide innovative and productive solutions.
- Provide feasibility, concepts, technical, costing and pricing information to management on new products.
- Supports Brandt’s intellectual property. Document data and unique ideas for patentability.
- Design and detail new product development using 3D CAD.
- Gather requirements in the field. This may take the form of measurements, understanding loading scenarios, and unique customer requirements.
- Have a positive and professional appearance and attitude towards work and provide leadership to create a good working environment for others.
- Highly motivated and self-disciplined with excellent organizational skills.
- Business travel may be required.
- Engineer or Technologist with minimum 5 years of experience (preferred 10 years’ of experience) in mechanical and equipment design.
- Extensive capabilities in Inventor, SolidWorks or other 3D CAD systems.
- Professional interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with good judgment skills.
- Proven knowledge of Construction and Forestry Equipment which include but not limited to Hydraulic Excavators, Wheel Loaders, Track Dozers, and Motor Graders and direct experience with mining equipment would be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience with the design of Construction and Forestry attachments and Machine Guarding.