Brandt is currently seeking an Applications Engineer – Steel for our Engineered Products Division. Applications Engineers are competent technical people who have demonstrated an aptitude for machine design and defining equipment applications. Examples include tube and pipe equipment, mobile mining and rail vehicles, etc. These people are responsible for identifying customer application needs and preliminary equipment selection. Their primary objective is to support the sales team with technical and application knowledge while coordinating with the design team regarding scope of work. Successful applicants will have great mechanical/electrical intuition and well developed technical and sales skills.
- Technical scope identification and development
- Prepare proposal and bid documentation
- Customer meetings and technical presentations
- Travel as required.
- Preliminary plant layouts and equipment specifications.
- Assisting sales team in creating new business opportunities, assisting with lead investigation and securing new business.
- Investigating new opportunities by clearly documenting and vetting engineering deliverables that meet the particular Quality, Cost and Delivery objectives of the projects undertaken.
- Troubleshooting and resolving any in field equipment issues
- Analysis of competitors and market to improve sales close rate
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Professional Engineer or Technologist with 2+ years’ experience
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Sales or business experience is required
- Excellent work ethic
- Travel required 40- 50% of the time.