Game Day Operations Intern - Brampton Beast Hockey Club
Are you looking to launch a career in the ultra-competitive sports industry? Get a huge jump start through the Beast internship program. Through the Brampton Beast internship program, you will receive exceptional industry standard training and practices, and learn the tools that will allow you to immediately jump into the business.
The Brampton Beast internship program has launched careers immediately into organizations such as:
- Brampton Beast/Cosmos Sports
- Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment
- Tennis Canada/Rogers Cup
- Toronto Rock Lacrosse
- Vancouver Canucks
- Edmonton Oil Kings/Oilers
- And many more!
The Brampton Beast a professional hockey team in Canada. The Beast are members of the ECHL and are affiliated with the NHL's, Ottawa Senators and AHL's, Belleville Senators. The Beast play their home games at the newly named CAA Centre formally the Powerade Centre located in Brampton, Ontario. The team is dedicated and devoted to serving the community while continuing to advance the sport of hockey by providing exciting sports entertainment for a growing fan base.
The Brampton Beast Hockey Club is scouting for committed, energetic, and outgoing individuals with a passion for both customer service and hockey. The Game-Day Operations internship provides a learning experience for those looking to develop their knowledge and skills surrounding sports and event business operations.
Includes but not limited to:
- Providing operational support during ALL Beast events and game-days
- Learning about all aspects of game day event planning by providing hands-on assistance in-office
- Acting as a supportive team member for promotions, event execution, and sponsorship fulfilment
- Learning to plan, organize and execute elements necessary for in-game entertainment
- Working with various departments to coordinate game-day strategies
- Gaining knowledge of the newly named CAA Centre facility and the Brampton Beast organization
- Assisting with set-up and tear-down of equipment and game entertainment needs
- Performing all other responsibilities and duties as assigned
- Must currently be enrolled in an accredited college/university program. Preference will be given to candidates who are currently enrolled in college/university programs relevant to sports/business/management.
- Must be available to attend Beast Home Games and Events that take place during the internship
- Access to a vehicle is strongly recommended
- Strong verbal/written communication and customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Team-oriented nature, with an ability to work in a fast-paced group atmosphere
- Outgoing and energetic with a willingness to learn
- Able to exert force or lift up to 25 pounds
- Knowledge and previous experiences in hockey would be an asset
- Demonstrates commitment to the following ten qualities: integrity, work ethic, positive attitude, results, teamwork, independence, creativity, confidence, leadership, and urgency
Compensation: Unpaid internship (On the job travel expenses will be reimbursed. Travel to and from the internship will not be reimbursed)
Address: 7575 Kennedy Rd South | Brampton, ON | L6W 4T2
Job Type: Internship