Braingrid is a rapidly-growing startup providing a wireless, versatile sensor platform for commercial cannabis growers in Canada and the US. We collect environmental data that is crucial for growers to increase yields and mitigate risks. We provide data-driven insights through our visualization and analytics interface.
You will be creating a ReactJS front-end, for an evolving AWS back-end, as well as working with back-end developers and stakeholders to tackle design challenges. To be successful, you are expected to design compelling interfaces witglah an intuitive user experience. The front-end should be able to track user sessions and support multiple-devices at various resolutions, with a focus on displaying real-time data in the most user-friendly manner possible. This is an opportunity to design an innovative UI to present large amounts of complex IoT data.
- The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of experience in software engineering or computer science, specifically with architecting full-stack applications running on ReactJS, with an AWS back-end (or equivalent).
- Experience with optimizing mobile user experience, while maintaining a consistency with desktop or tablet version.
- You understand the importance of client-side performance and browser performance profiling
- You have experience securing modern applications using AWS Cognito and OAuth
- You have used front-end testing and debugging tools; such as Jenkins, TravisCI, and Selenium
- You have worked with Git and followed CI/CD processes
- You have experience working with data visualization (for example, using Highcharts, D3.js, SVG, etc)
- You are capable of creating or integrating visual elements with Photoshop, Sketch, etc into a JS templating engine
- Nice to have: Comfortable/experience working in a fast-paced startup environment (many hats)
- Nice to have: Experience building mobile applications for iOS (Swift, Xcode) or Android (Java)
- Nice to have: Experience with other JS frameworks; such as Angular, Backbone, Vue, etc
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare benefits
- You will be joining a passionate, rapidly-expanding team that builds leading-edge, nerdy technology and has fun while doing it! At Braingrid, we value integrity, generosity and respect as well as team members that contribute innovative ideas and strategies.
Application deadline: September 30
Application instructions: In your cover letter, please include a few examples of front-end interfaces from your previous work (with screenshots and brief descriptions) and an explanation as to why you want to join the Braingrid team.
We look forward to hearing from you!