Part-Time Grant Writer
The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Victoria’s mission is to provide a safe, supportive place where children, youth and families can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and develop confidence and skills for life. The Agency supports practice through a trauma informed lens, placing priority on participant safety, choice and self-determination. All Boys & Girls Club programs support participant empowerment and skill development. The Boys & Girls Club is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). As an Agency, we acknowledge the Lekwungen, W̱SÁNEĆ, T’sou-ke, MÁlexeŁ, and Scia’new people, whose traditional territories we live and work upon each day.
der the direction of the Executive Director or designate, and as a contributor to the Resource Development team, the part-time Grant Writer is the lead content creator for select grant proposal submissions. Our Grant Writer will apply their extensive demonstrated expertise to develop, write and edit clear, compelling and creative proposals while managing the grant process from start to submission. As a self-starter, you are highly motivated, with a track record of tenacious grant prospecting and successful funding proposals.
ideal Grant Writer possesses excellent project management and time management skills with sound knowledge of fundraising practices and principles. The candidate must be well organized, collaborative and proactive, with the ability to effectively use independent judgment and produce quality work within tight time constraints. Our Grant Writer will be supported by the resources of our resource development, finance, and program delivery leadership team
ties and Responsibilities Include:
, develop, write, and submit compelling grant proposals to corporations, foundations, all levels of government, and other grant-making organizations persuasively communicating the Agency’s mission and programs while meeting grantor requirements
- Conduct prospect research:
- Using out-of-the-box critical thinking while capitalizing on emerging needs and funding trends
- Gathering statistical, analytical and anecdotal data, analyzing those data, and using the data strategically to create competitive proposals
- Create compelling, persuasive, well-structured grant narratives using effective storytelling techniques and superior prose
- Create and maintain a deadline-driven calendar of grant opportunities and activities to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposals and reports
- Prioritize workload to keep multiple projects moving forward in a timely manner; meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals
- Manage and report on prospects, donors, and fund development activities utilizing a donor database
ions and Requirements:
- University degree or equivalent in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or similar field
- CFRE or transferable experience in sales/marketing, business experience, event planning or related advanced fundraising experience. AFP or CAGP designation an asset
- 5+ years progressive proposal/grant writing experience with a proven success in securing grants, preferably in the non-profit/fundraising sector
- Ability to seek and synthesize information, write persuasively, and succinctly and articulate passion in written form
- Solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants
- Organizational and critical thinking skills with the ability to prioritize and track multiple projects and tasks under deadline pressure
- Exceptional attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to maintain impeccably precise records
- Ability to balance working collaboratively while working independently to take initiative on projects
- High degree of proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent research skills coupled with innovative and creative outside-the-box thinking
- Database experience and experience using other non-profit tools and resources is a must
- A commitment to professional ethics; ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion with sensitive information
Terms of Em
- Satisfactory criminal record check
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Hours: 11 hours per week (work from home option available)
- Length of Contract: 1 year
- Compensation: $21 per hour + 6% vacation pay
How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
Please submit resume and cover letter by email only. Clearly indicate how this part time position fits with your current professional responsibilities and lifestyle.
- Clearly indicate the position you are applying for in cover letter and email subject line
- Please explain how 11 hours per week fits your current lifestyle
- Only applications provided electronically will be accepted
We thank you for your interest in this position.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted