Boxy Charm is seeking a highly motivated individual responsible for building the analytics data platform for the company.
The Data Engineer will work closely with data scientists and analysts across different business units to build data products that will enable fast decision-making and action across the company. The position will be part of the Data & Algorithms team and, as such, the ideal candidate will not only possess great communication skills, but will also be very technical; equally at home writing code, solving complex problems and working in a cutting-edge cloud-based platform and technology stack.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build cloud-based data products using SQL, Python, Snowflake, Spark and other technologies
- Build data life-cycle and health tools to enable monitoring of key business KPIs
- Work with a wide variety of data ranging between social media and email to customer transactions and logistics
- Partner with various business stakeholders and implement solutions that improve their business process
- Break down complex projects and problems into actionable tasks that be delivered quickly and iteratively and provide value to the business stakeholders
- Be a data advocate throughout the company
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Analytics or a related field
- 3+ years of experience programming in multiple languages such as Python, Java, Scala etc.
- 3+ years of experience working with SQL and relational databases and strong SQL skills are a must
- Knowledge of Big Data and NoSQL systems such as Snowflake, Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile (SCRUM, XP etc.) development environment
- Experience with AWS or other cloud environments is strongly desirable
- Experience with streaming data systems is desirable