BOSSC Inc. is a leader in software development and implementation of enterprise-level solutions, headquartered in Oakville, Ontario with presence in Canada and USA. We thrive in an inclusive, fast-paced culture and we are looking for someone who wants to contribute to our growing Software Automation Testing team by assessing software quality through automated testing.
What is the Role?
We are currently seeking Software Automation Testing Engineer who loves testing !
The role reports to the VP of Technology.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, likes to learn and work in a very agile environment and has extensive experience in testing automation for multi-tier web based and native software. We are looking for someone who can participate in architectural design discussions and not be afraid to push the envelope and to grow into a leadership position within the team. The candidate will be responsible, in conjunction with the team, for ensuring that BOSSC Inc. Software maintains its high degree of quality when new releases are launched.
What You Will Do:
- Create, document and execute test scenarios and test cases for multiple projects
- Effectively manage day to day tasks
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Test and confirm defects by testing scenarios across different environments and versions
- Participate and contribute in all phases of software testing
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members to understand and resolve issues
- Conduct post-release/ implementation testing
- Participate and contribute to team meetings
- Keep up to date with industry technologies and principles
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay
- Great career growth
- A great environment and a wonderful team to work with!
What Are We Looking For?
- Superb communication and organization skills with proven attention to detail
- Must have a degree with a major in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of software automation & performance testing for commercial web based & mobile web, native, hybrid applications and/or large software development projects
- Experience in test automation (back-end and UI)
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver, WATIR [Web Application Testing in Ruby] will be an asset
- Experience with any of the following test frameworks: Cucumber, RSpec, Robot , Jasmine, Protractor
- Experience with automation testing for Native, Web, Hybrid Applications on Android and IOS using Selenium Webdriver, and any of the above-mentioned frameworks
- Experience on using Appium, XCode automation testing framework
- Experience on using Selenium-Grid, Docker
- Experience with databases (SQLServer, Oracle etc) including writing SQL scripts, simple database administration, and fundamental database principals such as data storage types
- Experience on testing API using automation tools; experience using JMeter, SoapUI
- Working knowledge in at least one of the following: Ruby, Java
- Familiarity with using version control systems
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of issue tracking systems: Jira, Bugzilla
- Knowledge of test management tool: Test Rail, Test Link
- Awareness of the concepts of continuous delivery, and a broad perspective on the process of software development is expected
- Able to clearly convey concepts and ideas both spoken and in writing
- Strong writing skills to develop test cases and processes
- Willing to learn new skills on a regular basis, both on and off the job
- Dynamic and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and accessible. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all applicants for employment without discrimination. Please let us know if accommodation for the recruitment/interview process is required and we will work with you to make sure your needs are met. Information related to accommodation measures will be treated in confidence.