This position is an integral part of the operations department and supports the team with assisting in various activities (75% customer service, 25% fulfilment) for Bright Bean and BooksforChrist.com. The position requires a fun, organized and detail-oriented person who can excel in a fast-pace, multi-tasking ecommerce environment.
We are Canada's Discount Christian Bookstore. We have been serving the Christian community across Canada for over 14 years by providing books, bibles and church resources online at a discount.
About Bright Bean:
Bright Bean is Canada's educational toy store. For over 8 years we've been helping parents, teachers and daycares find educationally based toys and products conveniently and at an affordable cost.
- Attracting potential customers by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services.
- Opening customer accounts, processing orders and returns
- Preparing purchase orders, verifying specifications and price and submitting to suppliers and vendors
- Verifying receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolving shipments in error with suppliers
- Maintaining customer records by updating account information.
- Resolving product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Participating in trade shows and related events.
- Receive supplier shipments and sort stock.
- Pick and pack orders quickly and accurately for shipment.
- Assist with monitoring and tracking warehouse inventory.
- Weigh, label, and ship orders using the shipping station.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Work as part of a team to encourage growth, innovation, and personal development.
- Other duties as required.
- Completed high school education, or equivalent work experience
- Passion for helping customers
- Sales and service oriented with a demonstrated ability to proactively listen, identify sales opportunities and solve problems
- Solid multitasking skills and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong work ethic with the ability to problem solve
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Friendly and fun to work with
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,000.00 to $37,000.00 /year
- Administration: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)