We’re looking for a curious, energetic and detail oriented QA Analyst (Intermediate) who’s passionate about breaking code to make products stronger and defect-free.
Reporting to the QA Team Lead you will play an integral role in the Engineering team by ensuring and maintaining the highest level of quality of our web-based and mobile software products. You will also contribute to the development and constant improvement of our QA policies and procedures.
You’re an excellent team player who’s motivated and driven by finding problems and figuring out solutions for them. You’re an abstract thinker and a quick learner who always takes initiative to be better and is passionate about emerging technologies in QA.
- Collaborate with an agile product and development team to participate in the full QA cycle including reviewing functional specifications, writing, and executing test cases and identifying bugs utilizing the Test Management Tool
- Identify test requirements from specifications to develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation etc.
- Open and track defects in JIRA, effectively communicate them to the Development team and drive them to closure
- Contribute to the advancement of QA processes by performing manual, functional, regression and load testing for web, mobile and desktop applications
- Assist in developing a QA strategy, process, methodologies, and standards that span sustaining releases, including maintenance updates and patch releases, to maximize test efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with various internal teams by participating in meetings pertaining to QA i.e. scrum meetings, daily stand-ups, QA meetings etc.
Technical Skills You Bring:
- Over 3 years of experience in Quality Assurance and Testing web applications preferably within an AGILE environment in the SaaS industry
- Must have experience building test cases, experience in integrations or working with POS is a plus
- Advanced level of experience in writing testing documentation and understanding of QA processes, test cases/plans and manual testing techniques
- Advanced level of experience with manual, functional, regression and load testing
- Intermediate level of experience with and understanding of SQL query language, relational database systems and business processes
- Solid experience with Test Management and Defect Tracking tools like QTest, JIRA etc.
- Prior experience in automation testing as well as using Selenium Web Driver would be an asset
- Prior experience with mobile testing as well as testing POS systems and interface integrations is a nice to have
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to write test plans & test cases and effectively communicate bugs to developers and other stake holders
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills with an ability to stay focussed on deadlines and deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related fields AND a Certification in Manual/Automation Testing (ISQTB, CSQA etc.)
- Opportunity to learn and grow with an amazing team
- 100% employer-paid benefit premiums
- Health & Wellness Program and gym membership
- Monthly catered lunches & daily snacks
- Team building and social events