About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Based in St. Bruno, Quebec, you will facilitate the development and integration process of the TCMS jointly with various stakeholders, such as suppliers, designers and engineering departments.
You will work in a dynamic and professional environment, foster teamwork and use formal development processes. You will actively contribute to any other activity or project according to project requirements.
In your role you will:
- Based on requirements, the specifications of internal or external clients, and in compliance with mandatory standards, perform complete and detailed studies, draft technical documents, approve technical drawings and carry out mandates assigned by the Project Engineer and/or the TCMS Manager;
- Participate in technical document reviews;
- Prepare system documents for submission to the customers and suppliers;
- Be responsible to meet the reuse requirements throughout projects;
- Support the vehicle Functional Integrator for TCMS functionality;
- Support the Engineering Project Office during design reviews with the customer;
- Be responsible for sub-system integration (mechanical, electrical, and functional) and execution of vehicle engineering tests;
- Generate the test procedures for system integration and validation, and conduct the validation and integration tests;
- Support System Qualification and Field Engineering activities toward commissioning of the trains;
- Support the Supply Management group for supplier technical questions and issues;
- Briefly assesses manufacturing costs to steer the development of assigned projects;
- Perform any other function-related task.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
- You are ideally a member of the Ordre des Ing nieurs du Qu bec;
- You possess a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience;
- You have experience in systems engineering and Product Development (experience with IEC 1131 will be considered as an asset);
- You own knowledge of the electrical features of systems, networking and software deployment in an industrial context;
- You are a team player and proficient communicator with an ease for multi-tasking;
- You are available to travel (Europe, United States and Canada);
- You posses an advanced level in English and intermediate level in French (spoken and written).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
06.06.2018, 3:26:48 PM