Software Lead TCMS-TROQ-CASB01568395
SOFTWARE LEAD TCMS
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Based in St. Bruno, Quebec you will work closely with colleagues to design, develop and test software components that are part of the Train Control and Management System (TCMS) on trains and subways.
You will also work in a dynamic and professional environment, promoting teamwork and using formal development process. As positive leader in the team, you will know how to manage interpersonal relationships so that the team can perform in a healthy environment.
You will actively contribute to any other activity or project, depending on the needs of the projects.
In your role you will:
- Analyse software requirements, working in collaboration with the project engineer and the system engineer;
- Be responsible for software architecture and test architecture considering inter-project reuse;
- Interface with the project engineer to clarify client needs, specifications and deliverables;
- Plan and monitor all activities related to its deliverables;
- Supervise the implementation of the software and tests according to the process and development procedures;
- Support the project engineer in evaluating the impact of change requests;
- Track developments and day-to-day development of local teams and teams in India;
- Raise risks and measure the performance of all activities related to the solution delivered;
- Support the development team and the testing team.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a Bachelor's Degree in Soflware Engineering or equivalent;
- You are a member of the Ordre des ingenieurs du Quebec (OIQ);
- You have a minimum of 5-10 years of relevant experience;
- You have experience in managing remote teams, in embedded system development and in object-oriented software development;
- You own broad knowledge of C, C ++, C#, 1131 programming languages and Qt;
- You are familiar with a formal development process and with relational databases, such as Structure Query Language (SQL);
- You have a good experience of Internet Protocol;
- You possess good knowledge of Agile methodology for software development and QNX, VxWorks, Linux or other embedded system;
- You are fluent in French and in English written and spoken.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
29.03.2018, 6:37:51 PM