ABOUT BOMBARDIER TRANSPORTATION
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Based in Kingston, you will design, document, develop and maintain software components to be used as a part of BT vehicle or wayside products or as independent BT software products.
In your role you will:
- Research, analyze, design, document, develop and maintain software products and components for railway solutions. Author, release and maintain design and interface documentation throughout Software Development Process;
- Develop site acceptance and integration test procedures for software products;
- Contribute to product architecture design and review;
- Ensure consistency, compatibility and re-usability of components across projects and products; Promote and implement design best practices and efficient solutions to decrease design costs and improve quality and functionality of products;
- Work in close collaboration with other software developers, testers and project teams;
- Support Bid and Project teams providing work scope definitions and reliable effort estimates;
- Support Procurement working with external vendors as related to software products;
- Support Testing and Product Introduction (PI) teams as related to software products;
- Follow requirements of Configuration Management, Requirements Management, Change Management, Software Development, Verification and Validation processes; closely collaborate with the QA team;
- Secure, maintain and develop core know how as related to software products;
- Increase components reuse rate through definition of product platforms in collaboration with Product Managers;
- Make research continuously on new technologies, processes, tools, competitors and suppliers.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold an University undergraduate / Graduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronics / Electrical Engineering or similar, or equivalent combination of training and experience;
- You have a minimum of two (2) years of software development experience or a strong portfolio demonstrating real-world use of software design, preferably in C# or C++;
- You have experience working directly with extra-disciplinary subject matter experts, preferably within the rail industry;
- You have strong grasp of mathematics and physics;
- You have ability to find the best solution for a problem.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
22.05.2018, 1:49:13 PM