Project Manager Construction-TAME-CAED01664649
PROJECT MANAGER CONSTRUCTION
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Based in Edmonton, Alberta, you will manage all interfaces between the Bombardier Transportation scope of supply to ensure the successful integration of all the systems, structures and subcontracted equipment in its scope of supply with the provided by the civil contractor. The objective is to satisfy the Division's obligations to the project, maximize its financial returns and ensure customer satisfaction.
In your role you will:
- Manage directly a project team including project administrators, schedulers, administrative support personnel and project controllers to ensure the execution of the project is on time and within budget;
- Establish and manage schedules, plans, and budgets consistent with the proposed project financial goals as required for project management, engineering, procurement, manufacturing, shipment, collections, billings, installation, start-up, training, warranty, documentation, subcontracts and purchases and all other project activities required to achieve positive project results;
- Develop and implement plans (for example, the Risk/Opportunity database) to improve project results beyond established budgets and results;
- Monitor, control, and report monthly all financial aspects of the project consistent with the contract requirements and established project management procedures to attain established goals;
- Monitor, recommend, and initiate when necessary, changes to or corrective actions for commercial issues, product design, manufacturing and/or services to assure compliance with contract requirements, and to maintain or improve project performance;
- Establish and maintain partner interfaces to achieve the goals of the joint venture and system end user. To the fullest extent possible, anticipate and satisfy the partner and end-user needs, while operating within established policies, procedures and commercial guidelines.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a bachelor degree in Engineering or Business;
- You have five (5) years of technical/engineering or equivalent business experience;
- You have seven (7) years of background experience in rail (track installation and acceptance) and transit systems;
- You own working knowledge in developing and administering resource plans and budgets;
- You possess knowledge of and experience with risk and opportunity assessment tools and in cost recovery management;
- You have experience and knowledge of Project Management skills, including processes and procedures, customer interface, schedule management, scope management, commercial management, personnel administration, and negotiation;
- Your English communication skills are excellent both written and spoken.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
24.08.2018, 10:19:59 AM