Project Commercial Manager-TGGO-CASB01776806
PROJECT COMMERCIAL MANAGER
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Based in St. Bruno, Quebec, you will all project commercial/contract activities related to Bombardier Transportation's (BT) obligations under a Rolling Stock Project. You will also support the Project Core Team in other commercial / contract activities to protect Bombardier's commercial interests and optimize Bombardier's commercial position.
In your role you will:
- Support the Project Director in establishing and implementing, jointly with the Project Manager, the project commercial strategy for the work to be performed towards the end-customer;
- Protect and optimize Bombardier's commercial interests and ensure Bombardier manages the contract with maximum commercial effectiveness, mitigating risks, maximizing opportunities; and preparing and defending claims through dispute resolution forum as required with follow-through to receipt of payment or other resolution;
- Define and implement the external communication management process for all communication with the customer and ensuring this is sent in accordance with the requirements of the supply contract and BT's guidelines and directives;
- Ensure proper mitigation actions are put in place for any issues and gaps between BT's contract and the Purchase Contract. Support the ongoing commercial management of the Purchase Contract (e.g. supplier non-conformity and variation order requests);
- Establish and manage throughout the project lifecycle an obligation management matrix containing all contractual obligations towards and from the customer;
- Make sure that obligation owners are assigned in the Project Core Team and that the Project Core Team is constantly aware of the obligations' due dates;
- Together with Project Core Team, monitor compliance of obligations and decide on and implement actions to ensure compliance;
- Ensure action plans are continually updated and potential bottom line impact of current Risk and Opportunity (R&O) fully understood and visible at all times. Develop, support and measure value added planning aimed at improving the site or project's gross margin;
- Participate in all Project Core Team, risk and opportunity, change control board and variation order meetings to ensure early identification of commercial risks and opportunities;
- Under the guidance of the Director Commercial Management, take ownership of all commercial and contractual risks and opportunities;
- Develop mitigation actions to manage commercial risks and develop enhancement actions to deliver opportunities and generate cash out;
- Ensure contractual changes are consistent with any contractual changes under BT's project contract and that they are properly notified in accordance with the BT Change Management process (e.g. issuance of notification/ variation order);
- Manage claims in accordance with the Claim Management process;
- Build professional relationship with the Project Core Team and Customer executives with the objective of insuring the necessary understanding of our business objectives.
- Support with them the development of a win/win relationship;
- Create a challenging and motivating work environment by communicating and supporting Bombardier policies, Core Values, Code of Ethics and Corporate Identity;
- Be a supportive and integral part of the management team in an advisory capacity.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a Degree in Law, Engineering, alternatively Quantity Surveying or Business, or a combination thereof or a tertiary qualification and extensive commercial / operational experience (post graduate commercial qualifications will be considered as strong asset);
- You have minimum five (5) years of experience in relevant role;
- You own a proven track record in commercial management (a track record in similar business areas e.g. railways, construction, oil & gas, technology, energy would be considered as an asset);
- Your English and French communications skills are excellent, both written and spoken.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
02.08.2018, 3:35:31 PM