About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Based in Kingston, Ontario, you will meet company objectives on CQD (Cost, Quality, Delivery) through globally standardized Interface Management practices.
You will support the maintenance and implementation of an Interface Management Process, and through governance (internal and external audits), ensure that all Interface Management Policies and Directives are adhered to all projects.
In your role you will:
- Implement the interface management global process;
- Identify the interfaces within our standard products as they apply to various projects, these include, but may not be limited to environmental, physical, functional, contractual, regulatory, procedural, organizational, and interpersonal;
- Create context diagrams to visualize and clarify the interfaces between subsystems;
- Create and update the Interface Control Matrix to include all interfaces between subsystems within the turnkey system;
- Define the interfaces. Identify which interfaces require an Interface Control Document, and ensure that the design engineers create these documents in cooperative joint development sessions;
- Ensure interface definitions are under change and configuration control;
- Communicate, implement, and monitor Project Plans, reporting interface issues against appropriate key performance indicators (KPIs) that reflect quality, timing and interpersonal issues to improve and optimise performance;
- Support Governance and compliance to all Bombardier Interface Management policies;
- Assess risk and interface with CASRA, project audits, and External Audits (IRIS, CMMI, etc.);
- Utilize database on the DOORS server with a focus on interface requirements;
- Prepare and deliver periodic reports on requirements status;
- Demonstrate by use of DOORS database the compliance to the contract specifications;
- Assist with the maintenance and update of the System Requirements Specification;
- Establish and maintain traceability to and from system level requirements;
- Ensure specifications and requirements are under change and configuration control.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a University degree in Engineering;
- You own practical experience working on projects at various stages in a lifecycle and utilizing database solutions for requirements management (e.g. DOORS, CP2);
- You possess detailed knowledge of Systems Engineering/Integration as well as conceptual knowledge of Configuration Management;
- Your English level is advanced (both spoken and written).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
14.06.2018, 2:48:16 PM