Bold Construction Ltd. is an Owner’s Representative, Construction Management and General Contracting Company with a successful history of multi-family and commercial projects throughout the Lower Mainland of B.C. Our experience has been one of steady growth over the past 5 years and we are ideally positioned for significant growth in the immediate future. We are currently seeking a dynamic, driven and flexible person to fill the role of Site Superintendent in Vancouver. This role is best suited for a flexible individual with the skills and experience to take on a broad range of site management related tasks and activities in a fast-paced construction site environment.
As a Site Superintendent for Bold Construction Ltd. you will be responsible for all construction site activities and the supervision of all staff, contractors, subcontractors and visitors. You will be required to successfully complete the project within the schedule and budget as identified. Maintaining and establishing a high quality of professionalism with trades, and governing bodies as well as ensuring that all company policies and safety practices are adhered to is mandatory. You will be responsible for reporting directly to the VP of Construction.
The Superintendent leads, directs and coordinates the work of subcontractors and laborers. This leadership position is responsible for the day to day management of the construction site on an assigned project, executing field operations safely and in a manner consistent with Bold Construction objectives.
ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide safety leadership through implementation of Bold Safety Program and monitoring of safety performance of field staff and subcontractors
- Provide people leadership through establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with field staff and subcontractors in order to promote positive morale.
- Supervision and development of site team members through regular feedback, training and coaching; timely completion of performance evaluations.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of the project schedule.
- Administer contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, site instructions and change notices to ensure scopes, terms and conditions are properly executed.
- Identify and advise of design deficiencies, schedule interruptions or difficulties, and other project issues; works collaboratively with Project Manager to resolve issues.
- Monitor and evaluate subcontractor performance with regards to safety and scope of work.
- Ensure sufficient manpower is provided to achieve safety, schedule and quality objectives.
- Maintain daily paperwork including field reports, safety inspections, schedule updates, etc.
- Maintain an organized job site, including the construction office.
- Ensures and encourages all employees, subcontractors and contractors are adhering to the company safety policies.
- Prepares and maintains construction schedule, identify and solve problems.
- Operate within specified budget.
- Requests and orders materials required throughout project to maintain schedule and productivity.
- Knowledge of project plans, specifications and blue prints.
- Knowledge of buildings codes for Province of Employment.
- Establishes and schedules installs for utility service companies.
- Performs daily site reviews of all work completed and ensure is per drawings and specifications.
- Maintains a high quality of workmanship and accountability of sub-contractors and contractors.
- Assist with training field personnel.
- Assist with grievance issues and general site labor issues.
- Organization of site set up and site demo upon completion of project.
- Works under the supervision of Head Office, communicates effectively with all departments and provides reports as requested by Vice President of Construction.
POSITION REPORTS TO
VP of Construction and Company Directors, Bold Construction Ltd.
- Demonstrated, progressive experience in General Contracting as a Superintendent in multi-family and commercial construction.
- Trade background in carpentry and/or Gold Seal Certification considered an asset.
- Effective supervision, coordination and scheduling of construction activities to ensure consistent completion of projects on-time, on budget and to the clients’ satisfaction.
- Demonstrated leadership, field management and problem-solving skills support your collaborative approach to delivering results and developing team members.
- Service and results-oriented, you are able to build and steward trust with a broad network of professional colleagues, subcontractors and team members to effect competitive excellence, pride in teamwork and outstanding project delivery.
- You have demonstrated competence in the areas of safety, workforce management, project execution, cost control, quality and administration.
- Proactive problem-solver that can manage difficult situations with positive results.
- Sound knowledge of construction and building techniques and ability to read and interpret contract drawings and specifications.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with MS Office including MS Project.
We ask all interested applicants to submit a resume and detailed project list for consideration. Project lists should include the size, scope and date of project, along with a clear indication of the responsibilities held.
Bold Construction Ltd. provides a flexible and stimulating work environment with abundant opportunities for personal growth. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Please forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All resumes will be kept confidential.
Please accept our sincere thanks for your interest in joining the team at Bold Construction Ltd.