Bold Construction Ltd. is an Owner’s Representative, Construction Management and General Contracting Company with a successful history of multi-family and commercial projects throughout the Lower Mainland of B.C. Our experience has been one of steady growth over the past 5 years and we are ideally positioned for significant growth in the immediate future. We are currently seeking a dynamic, driven and flexible person to fill the role of Project Manager in our Downtown Head Office. This role is best suited for a flexible individual with the skills and experience to take on a broad range of project management related tasks and activities in a fast-paced changing environment. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter who thrives in a challenging environment with an intimate and diverse group of driven, intelligent and loyal people who are focused on success and growing the business. An energetic, collaborative and team-oriented attitude is essential to working with this team.
The Project Manager provides support to the VP of Construction and project team in preparing, managing and successfully completing construction projects.
ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with project and construction management.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Assist in construction documentation, coordination and development.
- Assist in determining efficient building systems and methodologies.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Revision and analysis of tender documents and review to contract award.
- Determine and assess need for staffing and trades, prepare contracts for trades including detailed description of scope of work and payment schedules.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely, professional manner and on an ongoing basis.
- Manage and assist all Site Superintendents and Project Coordinators/Estimators in coordinating the work of trades and consultants.
- Prepare, organize and keep all project correspondences current in the respective project files
- Prepare Trade Submittal lists and follow up with the trades in expediting equipment deliveries and shop drawings.
- Constant follow up with trades and consultants to achieve project goals in a timely fashion.
- Review progress draws for each sub-trade and prepare progress draws in required format.
- Prepare computerized schedules and update schedule reporting.
- Follow up with city officials regarding permits and other correspondences.
- Check, review and approve all invoices / progress claims for correct quantity, unit price, percentage of work performed and code invoices, and assist in preparing progress claim report
- Deliver projects in a safe, timely, profitable manner while maintaining the highest level of quality in the industry.
- Effectively manage construction projects from due diligence phases to completion, and continually raise the Company’s standard of quality presentation while maintaining competitive budgets and schedules.
- Provide strong leadership and management to the team while exceeding the Company’s yearly business plan objectives and in adhering to the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Assist in the recruitment and hiring of all construction staff to develop and maintain the best team in the industry.
- Work closely with internal clients to ensure a team approach to project delivery so that all units are delivered as per business plan deficiency targets; and
- Manage and model site safety having zero tolerance for dangerous safety infractions. Liaise with WCB officers as needed
- Contribute to a culture of improvement by actively participating in Quality Assurance Meetings, developing better/more effective ways to deliver the same quality with less cost.
- All other necessary management support.
POSITION REPORTS TO
VP of Construction and Company Directors, Bold Construction Ltd.
- Desire to join a dynamic, hard-working team and to take an active role in the success of this growing organization.
- Successful completion of BCIT Building Technology program (or equivalent).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in construction coordination including shop drawing reviews, contract administration, document management, change order procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and other construction related documentation.
- Strong understanding of the current construction services environment.
- Familiar with construction sub-trade practices and work.
- Demonstrated skills and understanding of the role as a facilitator and problem solver.
- Natural ability to multi-task within a fast paced workplace.
- Results-oriented including concern and attention to budgets, schedules, quality levels and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to develop agendas, conduct meetings, prepare minutes and other critical documentation, and develop action plans with appropriate follow-up.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCad and MS Project an asset.
- Proficiency or experience with Dexter+Cheney ‘Spectrum’ Project Management tool an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of integrity and professionalism with a good sense of humour.
- Positive, can-do attitude and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized with outstanding time-management skills.
Bold Construction Ltd. provides a flexible and stimulating work environment with abundant opportunities for personal growth. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Please forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All resumes will be kept confidential.
Please accept our sincere thanks for your interest in joining the team at Bold Construction Ltd.