Our people are the heart of our business. As the world’s largest provider of thermal processing services, Bodycote employs thousands of highly skilled staff around the globe, some of the best engineers, scientists and technicians in the industry. Our staff are encouraged to develop their skills through professional career development and our in-house training resources.
At Bodycote what we do matters and as a member of our team, what you do matters too. Do you thrive in a fast paced environment supporting preventative maintenance programs and large capital projects? As the maintenance technician you will assist in the maintenance and repair of equipment, facilities and vehicles. You will work to minimize unplanned downtime, improve production quality, increase equipment efficiency and maintain a clean and a safe work environment. In addition you will:
- Implement the facilities preventative maintenance program
- Conduct scheduled inspections of fluid levels, water flows, quench oils, filters, washer soap and similar items; notify supervisor of issues as needed
- Assist in equipment performance testing per company wide and manufacturer’s guidelines
- Perform corrective actions required for out-of-specification conditions as directed by supervisor
- Assist in analytical troubleshooting of issues to maintain equipment, facilities and vehicles
- Accurately record and document all completed maintenance, modifications, and repairs
- Maintain shop copies of manuals and blueprints in a neat and organized manner; provide others with updated information as required
- Make suggestions for changes which would help the plant achieve improved efficiency, quality, and safety
- Assist in maintaining the inventory of maintenance supplies, tools, and replacement parts
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Education – College or technical degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance preferred; High school diploma or equivalent plus 3-5 years industrial maintenance experience required
- Must demonstrate the ability to read, write and communicate the English language
- Knowledge and hands on experience of computer applications including Microsoft Office and databases is preferred
- Must possess troubleshooting skills with mechanical equipment and be analytical
- Must have basic maintenance or industrial tools
- May be required to work overtime or any shift, including weekends.
This position requires the following physical and mental demands consisting of, but not limited to the following
- Must be able to work in an industrial environment at elevated heights and in confined spaces
- Ability to bend, pull, stoop, stand, walk, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, and reach to perform functions
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- May be exposed to heat, fumes, noise, and humidity, etc.
- Visual acuity to read documents, computer screens, files, etc.
- Ability to hear in person and via phone
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bodycote is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against current and prospective employees based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals over forty years of age, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.