Our people are the heart of our business. As the world’s largest provider of thermal processing services, Bodycote employs thousands of highly skilled staff around the globe, some of the best engineers, scientists and technicians in the industry. Our staff are encouraged to develop their skills through professional career development and our in-house training resources.
At Bodycote what we do matters and as a member of our team, what you do matters too. Are you fascinated by science? Start a career with Bodycote looking under microscopes or hardness testers for accuracy of testing. In this role, you will prepare and test metal components for manufactures in a variety of industries. In addition you will:
- Review paperwork to verify information and testing to be done.
- Prepares parts and equipment for testing procedures.
- Conducts testing as required, reporting any non-conformance to manager.
- Accurately completes required paperwork and follows through as required.
- Promote safety and good housekeeping practices.
- This position will allows for cross training and development of additional skills.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Education – High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year in lab or related position preferred
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and specifications.
- Basic knowledge of metallurgy, heat treating, inspection and related subjects preferred
- Will become proficient in using Rockwell hardness tester and other testing equipment as required.
- Requires computer experience and good understanding of basic math.
- May be required to work overtime or any shift, including weekends.
- Must demonstrate the ability to read, write and communicate the English language.
This position requires the following physical and mental demands consisting of, but not limited to the following:
- Must be able to work in a sitting position for extended periods of time in an office/industrial environment.
- Manual dexterity to perform data entry functions.
- Ability to bend, pull, stoop and reach to perform functions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- May be exposed to heat, fumes, noise, and humidity, etc.
- Visual acuity to read documents, computer screens, files, etc.
- Ability to hear in person and via phone.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bodycote is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against current and prospective employees based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals over forty years of age, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.