This role is key to customers receiving a digital workplace that they love and are proud to show off. We seek a self-starter who wants to take on visual design challenges and lead a small team of visual designers. In this role you will:
- Help organizations expand their corporate brand into their internal employee brand by theming and branding their digital workplace
- Use your expertise in branding and in user interface design to consult, and design motivating and delightful digital workplaces that will inspire employees to do their best work
- Get to play in both the world of brands, and the world of digital design
The impact you'll have:
- You will design how our customers configure their digital workplaces, impacting their overall first and lasting impression of our product through UI design.
- By collaborating with our product team, and being the voice of our customers, you will impact the product roadmap.
- Sharing best practices and recommendations through consulting our customers, you will impact their understanding on why design matters
- By maintaining positive customer relationships, you are impacting Igloo's reputation for outstanding professional services delivery.
- Leading by example, you will impact our entire Visual Design team; Motivating and inspiring those on the team to be able to do their best design work yet.
- Contributing to improving processes, you will impact team efficiencies, customer experiences, and overall team satisfaction.
What you'll need:
- A strong ability to execute quality, impressive user interface designs.
- An eye for detail, and the skills to quickly comprehend complex issues.
- A thorough understanding of User Interface design, design principles, wire-framing, photo enhancement, type-setting, writing for business communications, and up-to-date in the latest User Interface and website design trends
- Previous experience in a people leadership role
- Experience in both adhering to and contributing to evolving brand standards for customers
- A passion for accessible and inclusive design
- Able to execute work autonomously, with minimal step-by-step guidance.
- Skills to be a team player; accountable, collaborative, communicative, empathetic, productive, problem-solving, resourceful, thoughtful, innovative, focused, organized, quick learner, adaptive to a changing environment.
- An ability to collaborate with and talk high-level customers through designs and the reasoning behind them
- Experience using Sketch App
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Experience/knowledge of prototyping tools
- Standard design competency skills are required proven through college diploma or university degree, a strong portfolio, and a minimum of 6-years related experience in the field, with experience in digital design
Tech Stack (brownie points!):
- Experience working with developers and/or knowledge of html/css with proven courses taken.
What we have to offer:
We offer health benefits, a training budget for every employee, fair-trade coffee and tea, treats every pay day, and an eco-bonus for people who take alternative transportation to work. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, and we give our developers stipends to buy whatever hardware makes their work easier.
You own the work you do. Your decisions are yours, and you're evaluated on results. We pride ourselves on being a collaborative organization where everyone has a voice - there's no such thing as a bad idea.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Bobbar welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How you matchCriteria provided by job posterLearn more about how you match this job poster's requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year
- Visual Design: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)