Boardwalk Pipeline Partners, LP primarily provides transportation and storage of natural gas and liquids for our customers. Additional information about the Partnership can be found online at www.bwpmlp.com.
Boardwalk Pipeline Partners is looking for an Accounting Supervisor II for our Houston, TX office.
In this role, you will be responsible for revenue accounting and analysis for Boardwalk's Natural Gas entities and will supervise 2 or more Accounting Analysts. You will manage the revenue accounting close process including SOX compliance, monthly variance reporting for budget and prior year, ensuring revenue recognition is accurate and communicating to senior management revenue results and will provide ad hoc analysis to support Accounting, Business Development, Marketing, Regulatory, Tax and Corporate Development departments and will require ongoing analysis and the ability to understand industry drivers of revenue.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong accounting and analysis skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and databases
- Requires commercial presence and ability to work with senior management
- Strong knowledge of natural gas and storage services
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- 7+ years in energy industry
- Experience in a related analytical role
- Understanding of GAAP and FERC accounting
- Previous supervisory experience
- Knowledge of ASC 606
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.