Delicatessen Services Co., LLC
The Retail Service Associate is responsible for assisting with the proper execution of all in- field Retail Service Programs along with the supervision of the Route’s Consumer-Facing Activities. This role will help to ensure and maintain compliance related standards while working directly with staff members who support and execute those functions. The Retail Services Associate will work closely with the Local Purveyor on store validations, store openings, new account development and retail program excellence. This role will assist with the development of forward concept consumer facing programs, best in class service standards and retail performance excellence.
- Provide behind the counter training for deli associates, with specific focus on excellent customer service, product knowledge, product pairing, slicing techniques, etc.
- Develop and cultivate working relationships at store level, including the store and deli managers, as well as deli associates.
- Responsible for managing individual store’s inventory to ensure potential for optimal sales output and mitigate shrink.
- Responsible for monitoring and managing individual store performance to ensure program compliance is met at store and retail level.
- Build awareness of the Boar’s Head Brand premium product portfolio by engaging consumers through product sampling.
- Cultivate a selling culture within the deli, mentoring deli associates to remain passionate about providing exceptional customer service.
- Actively promote Boar’s Head Brand products by educating consumers on flavor, nutrition information, quality and complementary products.
- Responsible for managing comparative sales at individual store level to ensure growth of the Brand.
- Update merchandising and marketing materials as necessary.
- Set service case to ensure full product line is displayed in an organized and appetizing manner.
- Maintain retail product presentations, ensuring displays are fully stocked, clean, and visually pleasing and that each item is properly priced
- Assist Local Purveyor with development and set up of new accounts.
- Other duties that support the route’s effectiveness and efficiencies as assigned
- Knowledge of Boar’s Head products, inclusive of flavor, nutritional information, and complimentary products (training provided).
- Willingness to engage customers and actively promote the Boar’s Head Brand.
- Willingness to operate a slicer (training provided).
- Willingness to maintain consistent close interaction with consumers.
- Ability to transport and set-up a folding table, utensils, platters, etc.
- Must exhibit good food safety and sanitation practices at all times.
- Be energetic and possess a serving attitude.
- Must have own transportation and be willing to travel to different geographic locations.
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred
- Three (3) to Five (5) years’ related experience
- Experience with food preparation helpful
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Chicagoland Deli Provisions