Delicatessen Services Co., LLC
Unique foodservice sales position with an exclusive Premium Food Brand Distributor. Ideal candidate is a dynamic and polished, relationship driven professional with a knowledge and passion for food and foodservice industry. Position involves daily interaction with various foodservice establishments and operators with a focus on product penetration and Branding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for generating sales opportunities within a defined geographic area by researching potential accounts.
- Responsible for performing weekly selling events (demonstrations) of products in foodservice accounts or associations.
- Maintains a sales call balance of new branded business opportunities along with current business retention and expansion.
- Responsible for maintaining, developing, and growing only branded business within diverse customer base.
- Maintains a consistent touch point cycle within assigned geography along with daily account of activities and progress for every call.
- Manage incoming customer and company needs.
- Interface with cross-functional employees.
- Responsible for representing the brand and portfolio at local customer event and training meetings.
- Responsible for traveling to and from client sites.
- Ability to manage a large geographical area may be required.
- Ability to represent the brand internally and externally, and be able to stand behind our company vision process.
- Able to sell branded concepts as well as branded solutions.
- Oriented to team success.
- Customer focused and sales driven
- Self-starter who requires minimal direct supervision, able to influence and drive change.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent 3-5 years successful sales or sales management experience
- Minimum 3 years of successful street sales experience in a foodservice B2B (business to business) environment.
- Experience representing a premium or luxury brand a plus, but not required.
- Culinary experience a plus, but not required. Individuals with culinary experience, strong relationship capabilities, and excellent follow up process are usually well-suited for this position.
- Experience in a similar or relevant, route-to-market process, such as Direct Store Delivery environments are usually well-suited for this position.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) as well as a high level of Internet savviness are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, leadership, planning or organizational skills.
- Sales personality that demonstrates patience and persistence for the sales process.
- A broad understanding of basic mathematical functions, including weights and measures.
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time
- Overnight travel may be required
Chicagoland Deli Provisions