Specialist Full Stack Ruby Developer – Middle Office Systems
Experienced full stack Ruby developer to work within agile software development practice delivering financial software globally. In this role, you will be designing, coding and working with other developers to help build a world class software engineering capability within the Middle Office Technology Group.
Job responsibilities and opportunities:
- Drive the design and implementation of scalable, high performing and robust applications.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential issues, and devise contingency plans.
- Improve our software delivery capabilities via automation and repeatability
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to more junior engineers including code reviews and diving in to coding assignments when necessary as well as defining and implementing best in class standards.
- Help the tech management team shape best practices for developing, sharing and continuously improving our software platform.
- Identifying issues to teams that they might overlook, such as scalability, performance, or security.
- Coordinate with internal and external technology teams as needed for end to end service delivery.
- Consult and collaborate with internal business partners to construct and execute on our service delivery strategy and ensure compliance with the firm’s delivery and regulatory standards.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 6-8 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Preferred 5 years in full stack development with Rails
- Active participation in the Ruby community with contributions to one or more Ruby Open Source projects.
- Expertise in test driven and behavior driven development
- At least 3 years of experience with agile software development methodologies, tools and processes.
- Knowledge of orchestration of microservices in an elastic container-based cloud environment
- Experience in the financial services sector a plus.
Our current stack includes Ruby, Rails, Active Record, RSpec, Cucumber and Docker. We use both Postgres and Oracle as our RDBMS and IBM WMQ and Rabbit MQ for messaging. For the UI were using AngularJS, React and Bootstrap CSS and our tool stack includes GIT, Jenkins, TeamCity, JIRA and Confluence.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302