Full Stack Specialist Developer – Middle Office Technology
Full stack developer to work within agile software development practice delivering financial software globally. In this role, you will be designing and coding, testing and deploying microservices to help build a world class software engineering capability within the Middle Office Technology Group.
Job responsibilities and opportunities:
- Work within a scrum team of 3-6 people highly focused on service delivery.
- Participate in the design of scalable, high performing and robust applications.
- Learn the tools and languages used by the scrum team as needed.
- Represent the software in design and code reviews with senior staff.
- Own development and delivery of one or more microservices.
- Improve our software delivery capabilities via automation and repeatability.
- Develop subject matter expertise in one or more functional areas and act as a subject matter expert within the team and for a broader audience.
- Help the tech leadership team shape best practices for developing, sharing and continuously improving our software platform.
- Develop code that meets the organizational goals for scalability, resiliency and interoperability with other services in the middle office platform.
- Coordinate with internal and external technology teams as needed for end to end service delivery.
- Consult and collaborate with other technologists to leverage and contribute to reusable code and services.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 6-8 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Provable contributions in software projects, in any modern software development platform including Java, C# or Python, but strong preference given to Ruby and Ruby on Rails experience.
- Active participation in open source community with contributions to one or more projects, with code available for inspection.
- Knowledge of the principles of test driven development and agile software development process
- Knowledge of orchestration of microservices in an elastic container-based cloud environment a plus
Our current stack includes Ruby, Rails, Active Record, RSpec, Cucumber and Docker. We use both Postgres and Oracle as our RDBMS and IBM WMQ and Rabbit MQ for messaging. For the UI were using AngularJS, React and Bootstrap CSS and our tool stack includes GIT, Jenkins, TeamCity, JIRA and Confluence.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302